IHS, the largest independent tower company in the EMEA Region, are currently recruiting for a Network Operations Centre (NOC) IT Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering excellent customer experience and satisfaction outcomes to users across our NOCs by ensuring overall effectiveness of your team and optimal utilization of tools/ technology in line with established polices, processes, and procedures.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Head of Operations
- IHS, the largest independent tower company in the EMEA Region, are currently recruiting for a Regional Head of Operations.
- In this role, you will be based in Enugu and responsible for leading a team of Regional Technical Officers (RTOs), State Field Operations Managers (SFOMs), Operations & Maintenance Support Managers, and Field Support Engineers (FSEs).
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Vision & Strategy:
- Translate the company’s strategic objectives into actionable operational plans detailing clear implementation roadmpas and milestones within assigned region.
- Develop and implement comprehensive goals for performance and growth strategies.
Team Development & Leadership:
- Ensure FSEs execute their responsibilities on an ongoing basis to ensure smooth running of operations.
- Coach and train Network Operations & Maintenance team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, create awareness of set targets/ requirements, and regularly review training needs.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Collaborate effectively across functions to build joint objectives to reach regional goals.
- Mentor and develop teams applying a supportive and collaborative approach: assigning accountabilities, setting objectives, establishing priorities, and monitoring and evaluating results.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Review infrastructure requests and seek final approval.
- Keep abreast of all integration issues and seek to resolve them.
- Manage day-to-day organizational and business relationships with key regional stakeholders.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure deliverables are achieved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develop metrics required to measure business processes and performance; build tools and job aids for monitoring performance; and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention in critical areas for constant improvement.
- Provide inputs to annual budgetary plans for the region and monitor and track Capex and Opex trends in the region.
- Provide inputs to continuous development of site maintenance processes.
- Continually assess operational and business continuity risks and provide timely awareness as well as deploying mitigating initiatives.
- Achieve productivity gains and manage budget to ensure operational and financial goals are met.
- Promote customer satisfaction, high levels of service, and continuous improvement efforts in order to drive repeated business and customer loyalty.
- Stay informed of market and customer trends in order to anticipate developments and plan accordingly.
- Identify and develop possibilities for future business growth, including possible acquisitions, bringing them to the attention of relevant internal teams for further investigation and possible next steps.
- Validate and approve diesel allocation reports, identifying and escalating any changes in the allocation plan.
- Validate all requests for emergency diesel delivery within the region.
- Intervene and interface with vendors on all issues arising from deviations in the maintenance plan and trigger maintenance interventions or non-routine maintenance process.
- Interface with vendors on any deviation to the diesel loading plan so as to maintain schedule adherence. Request HQ support if required.
- Receive and review reports from RTOs on diesel delivery.
- Review business case for non-routine maintenance and grant or deny approval.
- Approve Material Requisition Form for request of materials for in-house maintenance.
- Stay informed of issues related to remote monitoring systems (RMS) and solar solutions on sites within the region and monitor resolution of such issues.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- First Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or related discipline.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering and/or an MBA will be advantageous.
- Professional certifications such as PMP or PRINCE2 will be advantageous.
- 14+ years’ related experience in telecoms operations and maintenance.
- Customer Focus
- Be Bold.
- Network Audits
- Business Planning
- Financial Acumen.
- Engineering Management
- Logistics Management
- Contracts Management
- Project Management
- Organizational Savvy
- Drives Results
- Manages Ambiguity
- Communicates Effectively
- Values Difference.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 5th March, 2019.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!