Saro Lifecare, a division of Saro Africa International operates in the Personal & Household Products Segment of the FMCG Industry in Nigeria, and is expanding its products range and manufacturing operations.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Key Account Executive
Location: Aba, Abia
- The Key Account Lead is saddled with the primary task of managing the Key Distributor business in line with the agreed KPI for financial period.
- The KAL is the link between the customer and the company. At the heart of the role of the KAL role is Efficiency of operation, Scalability and Profitability of the KD business.
Route to Market:
- Implement the route to market for His territory as designed in the S&D Plan.
- Design route for MSR and VSR within the territory and clear Sales KPI for sales team effectiveness.
- Efficient coverage, trucking out time, resource management to deliver on the Coverage objective in time and in full.
- Expansion drive into new Markets within the territory.
- Recruitment and maintaining relationship with key wholesalers for effective optimization.
- Consistent availability of ACV from the KD to wholesale and retail universe.
- Direct, coordinate and collate Sales and Collection plan for his territory based on Customer, resource plan and build into a Territory Plan by IMS and Products which will in turn be broken down for each Resources to execute.
- Oversee the achievement of his territory Sales and Collection Target by keeping track of performance and suggest intervention that will ensure we are on track.
- Maintain track record of territory and resource performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Be in direct contact with the Key Customers on a weekly basis for opportunities in upselling, Competition, resolve service issue and generally to bond with them for higher productivity.
- Ensure all Needed Resources for Coverage based on agreed plan and as at when needed for Optimization in his territory.
- Ensure Resources follow their Daily Routine and drive Resources for effective Coverage Achievement.
- Resolve or Escalate channel conflict within his territory and provide management periodic update on channel audit.
- Go on accompaniment with Staff periodically to ensure customers are effectively covered and served for optimization.
Risk and Control Management:
- Monitor credit compliance of team.
- Ensure MSR/VSR keeps a well maintained ledger with Key trade Partner and 100% visibility of their activity using the DRAR.
- Ensure our warehouses are well secured based on agreed standard at all times.
- Carry out Fortnight Audit and trade debtor validation.
- Reports all incidences not more than 24 hours after incidence.
- Ensure Territory pay all lawful statutory dues and comply with regulatory authorities.
- Provide customers access to their credit limit and balances.
People Management and Productivity:
- Capability mapping for resource placement in delivering on fit for purpose and fitness for role.
- Maintain and ensure team live within the dictates of our values.
- Organize approved periodic meetings with Staff and allow feedbacks from subordinates.
- Conduct and share staff performance appraisals with them Monthly and have the right environment that supports high performance.
- Carry out recruitment of staff as may be needed at the right time by working proactively with HRM.
- Mentoring of next l leaders from the current team he supervises and ensuring each associates has and can see a clear career path.
- Conduct weekly BIP/ WIG review with each Staff and the KD with minutes sent to the HQ.
- Periodic training of associates (internal and external) in bridging capability gap between ideal and current for each job role.
- Ensure each Staff knows his BSC KPI and Target and able to review independently.
- Weekly review of Territory, drop point and associate profitability in driving productivity.
- Trade / Channel Optimization
- Implement Trade Marketing activities that will drive trade optimization in his territory.
- Customer recruitment, retention and growth of their business across the different channels for optimization and business growth.
- Organize and execute trade specific functions for channel bonding with Saro Life Care
- Continuously ensure process are followed and improved upon by adherence and proposing ways of improvement.
- Work together with HOS in Collaboration Innovation on the digital route to market as a key driver of Efficiency and Scalability.
- Provides reports of functions on weekly and periodic basis as may be needed by the boss.
- Minimum of a Second-Class Upper in University Degree.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in trade marketing.
- Field Sales & Marketing experience is an added advantage.
- Experience with an FMCG company is preferred.
- Age: 24- 35
Special Skills/Key Behavioural Competencies:
- Ability to work independently and deliver.
- Skilful reporting to executives and upper-management including delivery of audit results and deficiencies.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, analytical, dynamic, and structured with the ability to think outside the box.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to convey information in simple terms.
- High personal responsibility, accountability, and integrity required.
- Resourcefulness, curiosity, and solutions oriented mind-set desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 15th March, 2019.