A Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) company in Lagos State is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Purpose of the Job
- To ensure all financial accounting is accurate and up to date, and reconciliations of the general ledger and sub ledgers are maintained.
- Supporting the company’s commercial team – in maximizing their strategic investment for growth through performance management, decision support, developing business models, strategy formulation and putting strategy into action.
Job Accountabilities/Key Responsibilities
- Ensuring accurate and proper financial accounting with proper checks, scrutiny and reconciliation of the general ledger, sub-ledgers, fixed asset register, balance sheet schedules and related reports using the current system
- Management and financial reporting for the business to ensure that information requirements are met in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
- Monthly P&L and balance sheet reports and forecasts
- Ensuring adequate controls are in place across the business
- Ensuring adherence to, and compliance with, direct and indirect tax laws and filing requirements, including payroll
- Stores Administration- Ordering, Delivery & Inventory Management
- Billing, Revenue And Receivables Management
- Contributing to cost management and control
- All other duties as may be assigned by MD
Person Specification/Job Requirements
- B.Sc/HND in Accounting and Professional Accounting qualification
- Up to 10 years post qualifying experience, preferably with FMCG company
- Strong accounting fundamentals and good knowledge of tax issues
- Good analytical skills and commercial awareness
- Experience using accounting software and reporting systems
- Advanced excel skills
- Resilient and able to challenge
- Good communication skills
- High attention to detail
Job Title: Internal Auditor
- Develop and execute the processes for assessing and improving internal controls, accounting and operating procedures and financial reporting.
- Develop and implement annual audit plan and ensure compliance to approved plans from all subsidiaries.
- Review internal audit and regulatory compliance reports and monitor the implementation of the recommendations.
- Approve and coordinate investigation into suspected fraudulent practices and determine/recommend the appropriate line of action in response to findings.
- Continuously review/assess the business and operational risks facing the organization in order to proactively establish appropriate mitigating controls and monitoring mechanism/frameworks.
- Supervise the design and building of control frameworks in business processes and systems.
- Interpret and analyze reports/data/information to identify possible risk exposure.
- Ensure compliance with good corporate governance practice.
- Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports to the MD on activities of the department.
- Serve on committees or cross-functional teams and perform other duties as assigned by the MD.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related discipline.
- Professional Accounting/ Finance Certification from a reputable professional body, e.g. ACA, ACCA, ICAN is required.
- Minimum of 10 years post-graduation experience in Financial Services with at least, 5 years’ experience in the financial management/accounting function
- Working knowledge of IFRS.
- Maturity and tact, including the ability to relate effectively with various stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of financial and IT systems controls.
- High level of initiative and good attention to detail.
- Good decision making, problem solving and leadership skills.
- Good report writing and oral communication skills.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 18th March, 2019.