Bradfield Consulting is a professional service firm created to provide human resource solutions for organizations of any size. Our goal is to help our esteemed clients eliminate issues bordering on having incompatible or inexpert employees.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- To plan, coordinate, and implement the firm’s practice groups’, and individual lawyer’s activities with respect to marketing, business development, public relations, and client services. Main objective is to increase visibility and brands recognition to strengthen and expand the firm’s client base.
- Newsletters, Brochures and Promotional Materials: Designs (or contracts with and provides oversight to outside vendors to design), updates, and maintains online and print marketing and business development materials for the firm and for lawyers.
- Photography, Logos, and Promotional Products: Arrange for professional photo-shoots and maintains image and logo files. Prepares various art files (headshots, logos, graphics) for use in online and print materials.
- Website and Social Media: Manages the firm’s web site, social networking for the firm and its lawyers.
- Directories and Awards: Manages the firm’s profiles on online directories and referral sites, submits information for lawyer and firm awards, promotes awards, and determines which directories should be launched and maintained;
- Event Planning/Coordination and Gifts: Manages business development/client services functions, events, and opportunities for the firm.
- Develops, organizes, and provides support for firm receptions, conferences, seminars, and other special firm-sponsored events; Holiday cards, gifts, and thank you gifts for clients or referral sources.
- Sponsorships and Speaking Engagements: Identifies, evaluates, and makes recommendations for firm/lawyer participation in sponsorships, conferences, speaking and writing opportunities, and similar events.
- Surveys and Assessment: Designs and conducts – or arranges for the design and implementation of – client satisfaction surveys and market research;
- Committee Leadership: Leads the firm’s Business Development & Client Services (BDCS) Advisory Committee, including setting agendas, maintaining the project list, and suggesting issues which should come before the Committee.
- Coaching/Training Lawyers: Coordinates training in business development and client services for lawyers and staff of the firm.
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world: seek ways of improving the way the business operates.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Strategic Planning and Implementation: Develops, implements, and manages the firm’s business development and client services plan consistently with the firm’s strategic plan and policies set by the firm’s Partners.
- Budgeting: Develop and manage the firm’s business development and client services annual budget, which includes marketing expenditures for the firm, practice groups, and individual lawyers;
- Media/Public Relations: Prepares and manages public relations activities and communications for the firm (or contracts with and provides oversight to outside agencies).
- Advertising: Designs (or contracts with and provides oversight to outside vendors to design) print and online advertising and negotiates media buys and associated contracts;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidate will work under the direct supervision of the Partners. This position reports daily to a designated Partner.
- Experience writing proposals, and responses to requests for proposals preferred;
- Must be willing and available to travel between the firm’s different offices as needed and required by the position’s specific duties and responsibilities
- Ability and willingness to work long hours;
- Ability to work with minimal/no supervision;
- Understands the needs and expectations of law firm clients;
- First degree in Law, Social Sciences or any related field
- Minimum of 5 years in marketing manager/director (or assistant director) role within a professional services environment (legal firm experience preferred).
- Candidate must have a proven record of strong leadership and consensus building skills.
- Must demonstrate initiative, be highly organized, able to manage multiple projects while prioritizing work assignments,
- Ability to write effectively for public relations and other purposes, for audiences inside and outside the firm
- Ability to prepare written materials, to support and to follow-up marketing opportunities for the firm and for individual lawyers
- Ability to evaluate opportunities for business development and manage a budget
- Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Website content management systems (e.g. Word Press)
- Familiar with SEO and Google Analytics
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to set goals, interpret metrics, and implement projects that will improve online performance and visibility
- A strong work ethic with a positive, ‘get-it-done’ attitude.
- Honesty, integrity, stress tolerance, self-control, flexibility/adaptability, independence, self-motivated and
- Commitment to the common goals and values of the Firm.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 9th April, 2019.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!