Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is a new five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviours and five provider targeted behaviours in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant, BA-Nigeria Women Group
- For the ‘Women’s Group’ prototype, BA-Nigeria is looking for a consultant who will provide overall guidance in the development and/or adaptation of an approach that enables women of reproductive age learn about MNCH and Nutrition, and access opportunities for basic economic empowerment.
Scope of Work:
- Assist BA-Nigeria with supportive supervision of the women’s groups when established
- Develop and submit comprehensive report of the support provided to BA-Nigeria towards establishment of the women’s groups.
- Other tasks that may arise and agreed with BA-Nigeria.
- Provide overall guidance to BA-Nigeria on development and/or adaptation of an approach for women’s groups
- Identify and showcase successful models of women’s groups previously established that may be adapted
- Support all activities leading up to establishment of the women’s groups including, development/adaptation of materials, training, selection of sites and participants etc.
Essential Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience nurturing and working with women’s groups at community level on issues related to MNCH, Nutrition and microcredit
- Residence in one of BA-Nigeria project states
- Must be able to read, write and communicate fluently in Hausa and English.
- The consultancy will be for a period of 15 days from March 31 to July 31, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application and CV in a word or PDF format to: [email protected] Indicate the position in the title/subject of the email application. Example: Consultant for Women Group.
Application Deadline 18th March, 2019.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates that do not comply with application instruction will be disqualified.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!