Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is a new five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviours and five provider targeted behaviours in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant, BA-Nigeria Women Group
- For the ‘Women’s Group’ prototype, BA-Nigeria is looking for a consultant who will provide overall guidance in the development and/or adaptation of an approach that enables women of reproductive age learn about MNCH and Nutrition, and access opportunities for basic economic empowerment.
Scope of Work:
- Assist BA-Nigeria with supportive supervision of the women’s groups when established
- Develop and submit comprehensive report of the support provided to BA-Nigeria towards establishment of the women’s groups.
- Other tasks that may arise and agreed with BA-Nigeria.
- Provide overall guidance to BA-Nigeria on development and/or adaptation of an approach for women’s groups
- Identify and showcase successful models of women’s groups previously established that may be adapted
- Support all activities leading up to establishment of the women’s groups including, development/adaptation of materials, training, selection of sites and participants etc.
Essential Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience nurturing and working with women’s groups at community level on issues related to MNCH, Nutrition and microcredit
- Residence in one of BA-Nigeria project states
- Must be able to read, write and communicate fluently in Hausa and English.
- The consultancy will be for a period of 15 days from March 31 to July 31, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application and CV in a word or PDF format to: [email protected] Indicate the position in the title/subject of the email application. Example: Consultant for Women Group.
Application Deadline 18th March, 2019.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates that do not comply with application instruction will be disqualified.
Timely information is key to getting a job. Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!