An established export company in Abuja is urgently looking for an experienced and highly ambitious candidate for the vacant role below:
Job Title: Export Business Development Manager
- We are looking for the services of an Export Business Development Manager to generate quantum sales for the company and place the company as a leading exporter of wide range of products in the global market.
- Our export products include but are not limited to charcoal, sesame, ginger, maize, sorghum, groundnuts, cotton, timber and a wide range of agricultural and extractive products.
- The ideal candidate must be a First Class Researcher and with strong passion for Export Business Development.
- He must be self-motivated and should be able to achieve outstanding result with little or no supervision.
- As a company with interest in exporting a wide variety of products ranging from extractive products through agro allied products to any type of exportable products, both on email scale and large scale, the Export Manager would be required to constantly carry out thorough research to secure new business deals for different types of export products at the international Market.
- This is a Senior Level position and as such the Export Manager would be required to use his Initiative to secure market for any profitable new product line and advise the company accordingly.
- Carry Out regular business research to Identify new business opportunities and find out which product is in high demand in the international market, then follow up to get new buyers for these product lines.
- Develop in-depth export knowledge and use it to build credibility and become a trusted advisor with customers both domestically and abroad. Ensure that government policies, labelling systems, transportation and payment laws are followed.
- Identify new product lines which could be of strong interest to buyers in the International market.
- Agree on product qualities, specifications and standards with buyers, end ensure strict compliance at all stages of procurements.
- Responsible for Trade Fairs participation both within and outside Nigeria, profitably set-up and on-site participation at relevant trade fairs.
- Ensure compliance with food safety and other regulatory programs as It pertains to Importing country regulations.
- Responsible for overall export business development program and getting overseas buyers for export products.
- He must be able to have a wide variety of different platforms and websites to research the global market to constantly establish relationship with new buyers and agree on sales conclusion with them.
- Use different platforms and networks to carry out extensive market research on daily basis to search for foreign buyers, follow up with these prospective buyers and ensure they are converted to customers.
- Identify credible internat1oni brokers who attend international tradeshows and meetings, and work with these brokers to secure the opportunity of making export sales through them.
- Analyze all market intelligence reports and identify all new business opportunities to expand business and maintain an efficient portfolio for same.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- time management and planning skills
- Understanding of time differences among countries.
- Must be resident in Abuja or be ready to relocate to Abuja
- Minimum of a First Degree or equivalent in any discipline
- Minimum of proven 5 years of outstanding experience In Export Business Development
- Outstanding competence to carry out business research
- Good proficiency in English communication
- An attractive package commensurate with the qualification and experience.
- Additional commission and fantastic productivity bonus for outstanding performance.
Application Deadline 3rd April, 2019.