Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims.
Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Infection Prevention and Control Supervisor
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
Contract Period: Indefinite
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Checking the consumption and the quality of IPC materials and equipment, including cleaning materials and equipment, PPE, etc.
- As member of the Infection Control Committee, participating in and supporting the development and following up the Infection Control Action Plan.
- Supervising the team under his/her responsibility and participating in the associated HR processes (e.g. recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, coaching, development and communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Reporting any irregularities to NAM or IPC managers or PMR and producing reports with information recommendations for the monthly medical reporting
- In collaboration with each service activity manager, maintaining and supporting the day to day implementation of the standard precautions in health structures in all departments including sterilization, laundry and kitchen, and providing technical supervision, training and support to the staff on IPC related issues using existing tools such as audits, checklist, surveillance
- Implementing and monitoring adherence to additional precautions for air, droplet and contact transmissible diseases when indicated. Based on a given patient-diagnosis, evaluating the need and supporting the implementation, if needed, for additional precautions in collaboration with the medical team and act accordingly
- Implementing as planned, the correct ‘clean and dirty flows’ inside the health facility. Ensuring that environmental standards in the facility are respected (bed spacing, number of hand washing stations etc.) and together with the Hospital Facilities Manager and WHS Supervisor, that the essential requirements are available in the health structures
- Guaranteeing compliance to aseptic care techniques and to the correct use of antiseptics, disinfectants and detergents.
NB: IPC standard precautions include Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), hand hygiene, prevention of accidental exposure to body fluids, safe and appropriate treatment of re-usable medical devices, waste management, cleaning and disinfection of surface and environment, respiratory hygiene and individual hygiene for staff, caretakers and patients IPC essential requirements include water supply, solid waste and waste water treatment/disposal, latrines and shower facilities, dead bodies management, vector control and medical waste management
Minimum Required skills and Qualification
- Education: Nurse or Midwife (or equivalent) Diploma
- Experience – Preferable: Previous working experience working with MSF or other NGOs
- Work Experience in developing countries or similar context is desirable
- Experience in OT, Intensive Care Unit is an asset
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit soft copies of their Applications including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant Degrees, Certificates and NYSC certificate/exemption to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 13th March, 2019.
- Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
- The following vacancy is open to all residents of Nigeria.
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer; both men and women are encouraged to apply.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!