The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: BMATT Nigeria Team Assistant – A1
Ref Id: 21/19 ABJ
Grade: A1 (L)
Type of Position: Permanent
Start Date: 3rd June, 2019
Job Category: Other British Government Departments (Partners across Government, including UK Visas)
Job Subcategory: MOD (Ministry of Defence)
Main Purpose of Job
- To provide general administrative support to the entire BMATT Nigeria Team, perform various administrative and clerical tasks to support the BMATT office; ranging from operating office equipment, visa applications, booking of hotels and flights, filing and dispatching, mail sorting, stationery replenishments any other administrative tasks to support the effective and efficient day-to-day running of the team, providing a quality and efficient service to staff and stakeholders in compliance with FCO policy and post regulations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing front office support, greet visitors courteously, provide them with needed information or direct them to appropriate personnel.
- Handling and Maintenance of Inward/Outward mail registers.
- Filing (hard copy and electronic) and dispatch of documents.
- Supervise cleaning staff and ensure tidiness of the general office area to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- Updating Records, organise and manage relevant databases.
- Assist with making travel arrangements for team members.
- Running errands for entire Team.
- Monitor the day-to-day administrative requirements to ensure smooth workflow and efficiency.
- Delivery of general office support (photocopy, scan, fax and telephone)
- Manage office stationeries and office supplies while ensuring they are updated and sufficient.
- Ensure mail is collected and circulated promptly to appropriate recipients.
- Ensure operation of office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs.
- Anticipate fuel demand for the office generator and water requirements.
- Assist in monitoring MOD UK courses cycle for efficient and timely delivery and assistance to the Nigerian Armed Forces.
- Assist in completing admin requirements for MOD UK sponsored courses and supervise travel and visa bookings for Nigerian Military personnel attending such courses.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Proficient in the use of English language (writing, speaking, listening and reading)
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in a relevant discipline.
- Ability to work in a high/fast paced team
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to deal effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- A self-starter able to work with minimal supervision.
- A positive attitude is essential and willingness to undertake a variety of tasks in a very busy team.
- Good organisational and analytical skills – capable of working quickly and accurately.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks.
- Computer literate – Good in use of Word, Email and Excel packages
- Ability to perform a full range of administrative support services.
- Ability to learn fast on the job.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexible approach to problem solving with an ability to think on their feet.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Previous administrative & clerical knowledge
- Previous experience working with an Embassy, International Organisation and/or NGO.
- Reliability and experience of working in security sector reform or with the military.
Required competencies :
- Seeing the Big Picture, Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at Pace
Starting monthly salary: NGN315, 328
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- The British High Commission do not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates
Application Deadline 1st May, 2019.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!