The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: Atiku Center (Livelihoods Intervention Project)
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment (Temporary)
Duration: Six (6) Months
- In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for a Finance Manager
- This position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Summary of Position
- The Finance Manager is responsible for supervision and control of the general accounting area, and for financial statement and report preparation of the livelihood project
- H/She will establish, interpret and analyze complex accounting records of financial statements which shall include but not limited to general accounting, costing or budget data, financial planning and budget formulation, financial monitoring and budgetary control, financial administration including management of payments systems in accordance with the standard operating procedures of the livelihoods intervention project.
- B.A/HND in Accounting, or its equivalent plus membership of relevant accounting professional body (ICAN/ANAN) is required.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, taxation and providing financial advice
- Knowledge of economic principles
- Knowledge of auditing practices and principles
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations
- Knowledge and experience of related computer applications
- Possess adequate supervisory skills needed to lead a team efficiently.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Good understanding of the challenge and significance of building a new Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Development center
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organizing
- Strong communication skills
- Information and task monitoring
- Stress tolerance
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and References to: email@example.com
- The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status
Application Deadline 10th April, 2019.