First Excelsia Professional Services – Our client, a prominent publishing firm, is seeking applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: French Translator
Duties and Responsibilities
- Converting text and audio recordings in English Language to French Language and vice versa
- Ensuring translated texts conveys original meaning and tone
- Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy
- Follow up with internal team members and management to ensure translation meets their needs
- Edit content with an eye toward maintaining its original format (e.g. font and structure)
- Must tailor all outgoing content to suit the vision and mission of the organisation.
- Preparing subtitles for videos and online presentations
- Cross-reference specialized dictionaries and translation tools to check quality of translation
The ideal candidate must satisfy the following:
- Minimum of 3 years work experience as a French Translator or similar role
- Familiarity with translation software
- Excellent writing and editing skills in both English and French Languages
- Must have a Degree in French Language or related field
- Fluency in both English and French Languages
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling and punctuation errors
- Good knowledge of content editing tools
- Certification in Linguistics will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline: 30th April, 2019.