Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a manufacturing company with its factory in Agbara, Ogun State is currently seeking to grow its team and requires the services of the position below:
Job Title: HR Manager
Ref Id: AOA/1130/MRH
Location: Agbara, Ogun
Career: Mid/Level Expert
Reports to: Managing Director.
Type: Full Time
Job Description (Summary/Objective)
- The HR Manager will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units.
- The HR Manager will act as an employee champion and change agent.
- The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with the HR department and business management, the HR Manager seeks to develop integrated solutions.
- The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
- The HR Manager maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business units financial position, its mid-range plans, its culture and its competition.
- Conducting weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Consulting with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzing trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Providing HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Developing contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Providing guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifying training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Providing support in the recruitment process for the respective business units.
- Participating in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success.
- Follows up to ensure training objectives are met
- Managing and resolving complex employee relations issues. Conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Providing day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g.,coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Working closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Must have a minimum of 3 to 6 years; experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with a minimum of a Second Class Honours, Lower Division (2:2)
- A MBA/Master’s degree in relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
- Must have a Professional Qualification: CIPM & SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM- CP) certification or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment.
- Must have a working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee diversity, performance management, Employee Compensation Act, Factories Act, federal and state respective employment laws.
- Analytical and Communication Skill.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global and Cultural Awareness.
- Performance Management
- People/ Relationship Management
- Reward and compensation management
- Knowledge, competency and learning management
- Recruitment and Selection practices and management.
- Relationship Management.
- Working knowledge of Excel; PowerPoint MS Office
- Personnel / Welfare administration
- Industrial Relationship management/ knowledge of Labour law (Domestic and International)
- HR Policy development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (MS Word format) only to: [email protected] using “HR Manager” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted
Application Deadline 3rd May, 2019.