Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a manufacturing company with its factory in Agbara, Ogun State is currently seeking to grow its team and requires the services of the position below:
Job Title: HR Manager
Ref Id: AOA/1130/MRH
Location: Agbara, Ogun
Career: Mid/Level Expert
Reports to: Managing Director.
Type: Full Time
Job Description (Summary/Objective)
- The HR Manager will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units.
- The HR Manager will act as an employee champion and change agent.
- The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with the HR department and business management, the HR Manager seeks to develop integrated solutions.
- The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
- The HR Manager maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business units financial position, its mid-range plans, its culture and its competition.
- Conducting weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Consulting with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzing trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Providing HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Developing contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Providing guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifying training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Providing support in the recruitment process for the respective business units.
- Participating in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success.
- Follows up to ensure training objectives are met
- Managing and resolving complex employee relations issues. Conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Providing day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g.,coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Working closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Must have a minimum of 3 to 6 years; experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with a minimum of a Second Class Honours, Lower Division (2:2)
- A MBA/Master’s degree in relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
- Must have a Professional Qualification: CIPM & SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM- CP) certification or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment.
- Must have a working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee diversity, performance management, Employee Compensation Act, Factories Act, federal and state respective employment laws.
- Analytical and Communication Skill.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global and Cultural Awareness.
- Performance Management
- People/ Relationship Management
- Reward and compensation management
- Knowledge, competency and learning management
- Recruitment and Selection practices and management.
- Relationship Management.
- Working knowledge of Excel; PowerPoint MS Office
- Personnel / Welfare administration
- Industrial Relationship management/ knowledge of Labour law (Domestic and International)
- HR Policy development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (MS Word format) only to: [email protected] using “HR Manager” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted
Application Deadline 3rd May, 2019.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!