Oasis Africa Consulting Limited – Our client is a Multinational News Reporting brand. Its business is growing at a very impressive pace and it currently requires an excellent and qualified candidate who understand what it takes to deal with the top 40 brands in Africa to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Conferences Manager
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
- The suitable candidate for the role of Deputy Conferences Manager must be an enthusiastic marketer with exceptional leadership and communication skills and a strong understanding of events and conference marketing operations and strategy.
- The ideal candidate will be required to sell to existing clientele and new prospects across Clients Conferences & Events portfolio, and will be targeted on revenues from sponsorship and delegates’ fees.
- The ideal candidate will be adept in identifying sponsorship opportunities, researching clients, remaining up to date with industry news and attending events.
- To meet high volume event sponsorship revenue targets by selling consistently to all possible targets; repeat sponsors, new clients and prospects.
- Understand key markets and target clients with a researched and data led approach.
- Identify and act upon opportunities to generate sponsorship revenue off of your own volition, working with the team to up-sell top clients into sponsor packages and working with the creative solutions team.
- Look to maintain current commercial partners whilst sourcing and generating new partners
- Mentor the Sales Execs to increase their knowledge in event sponsorship and ultimately enable them to assist you further in reaching a wider partnership base to drive revenues and event content.
- Work closely with commercial partners to engage them fully in the respective event and maximize their ROI, whilst also enhancing the event offering through their brand activation content.
- Look to source sponsorship partners who add value to the events through both commercial investment and also through their wider marketing reach and relevant brand association.
- Research clients by staying up to date with industry news
- Attend conferences and events to generate new sales as well as managing the client’s needs at events and maintaining strong relationships
- To make a number of calls per day, the role requires significant time on the phone to contact clients and prospects.
- To meet clients face-to- face in meetings arranged by you to present and sell sponsorship opportunities and packages
- To sell on whichever event as necessity demands
- Have regular sponsorship meetings with the Sales team and report pipelines across the events to the Conferences Manager.
- Manage the sponsorship account process from source through to debrief and future participation. Work closely with the relevant team members who will also be assisting on sponsorship accounts.
- Good commercial experience of a minimum of 7 years of selling sponsorship of high value multi-platform sales solutions
- Strong existing relationships with a high-value clients/sponsors
- Results oriented and proficient in producing high quality pitches and proposals
- Excellent face to face selling skills, presenting products and their benefits to clients
- Highly motivated, ambitious and constantly striving for excellence and success
- Customer focused and knows how to build and maintain relationships
- Focused and used to working to tight deadlines
Salary is very attractive plus commission.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!