Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Quality Engineer
Ref No: 3277856
Location: Onne, Rivers
- The Lead Quality Engineer is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the Quality Management System (QMS) aligned to and complaint with the BHGE Quality System and relevant national, international and industry management system standards and associated activities required to support the role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reporting to the Regional Quality Leader, the Lead Quality Engineer is responsible for working cross functionally to develop and implement the processes, procedures and work instructions that are required to ensure the consistent application of activities associated with the delivery of products and services to our customers and for engaging in and leading continuous improvement activities.
He/she will be responsible for:
- Manage and maintain the site specific Gensuite quality reporting system.
- Liaise with the Regional Quality Leader to develop and deliver the annual QMS audit plan, conducting and coordinating audits of the QMS and associated processes.
- Support the Site Quality lead as focal point for third party audits such as certification body, customer or Independent System Audits (ISA).
- Ensure customer issues are reported and managed effectively through the Customer Issue Resolution System, driving timely and effective closure.
- Ensure field events that are recorded in the non-productive time (NPT) reporting system are investigated to identify root cause(s) and corrective and preventive actions driving timely and effective closure.
- Conduct root cause analysis investigations into process and product issues as necessary to identify causal factors and determine improvement actions.
- Collate relevant materials and metrics, which reflect the effectiveness of the management system for inclusion in the Management Review.
- Collate and report quality metrics, data and trends as required by the business and which drive effective performance monitoring and optimization efforts.
- Acting as focal point for cost of quality (COQ), in conjunction with the finance function collate and report COQ metrics, identify and drive actions to reduce the impact of COQ on the business.
- Provide support to the ITO process by performing review of and input to the quality requirements sections of tenders, quotes, orders and contracts
- Working cross-functionally between the teams to resolve quality issues and drive long-term quality improvements. Support the CI, CIR, COQ, TRS, QMS, NPT and NPS requirements for the site.
- Identify and drive best practices and simplification opportunities and initiatives
- Adherence to and compliance with company and regulatory HSE requirements & expectations at all times
- Adherence to and compliance with company and regulatory Quality management system requirements at all times
- Work closely with the Onne Site Quality Lead as the primary focal point on all Quality Management System and Continuous improvement activities
- Work cross functionally to develop and implement the documents required for implementation of the QMS.
- Supervise QC personnel and review operational Document/records to accomplish customer deliverables.
- Provide training, guidance and instruction on quality system requirements
- Carry out document control activities within the Documentum/ Agility document repository to ensure the availability of approved documents.
- Proven ability to train and effectively influence change
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- At least 5 additional years of experience in Quality Management systems – significant experience and proven ability in policy and procedure writing
- Fully conversant with ISO and API Quality System Standards
- Certified Quality System auditor (ISO 9001: 2015 preferable)
- Ability to lead root cause analysis (RCA) sessions
- Able to make senior level presentations
- Understanding of risk management tools such as SWOT, PISTEL Analysis
- Flexible attitude to working patterns
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Ability to effectively perform & contribute in a matrix team environment
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry
- Lean Six Sigma Certification (GE DMAIC GB or BB/MBB Training, Test, Project completion, etc.)
- Has working knowledge of the Oil & Gas industry technical and regulatory framework
- Familiar with industry standards such as API, ISO etc.
- Technical or inspection background is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply