Ascentech Services Limited – Our client in the Construction and Logistics sector is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer
- Ensure a safe working environment for all personnel and third parties.
- Support the Development of OHS Policies and Programs.
- Advise and Instruct on Various Safety-Related Topics
- Intervene to Stop Any Acts or Processes Which Are Unsafe or Do Not Comply with OHS Guidelines.
- Respond Immediately to Safety Incidents / Accidents Ensuring Risk Mitigation Strategies Are Implemented in A Timely Manner.
- Support the Incident Management Process in Investigations, Data Gathering and Reporting.
- Prepare Reports on Occurrences and Provide Statistical Information to Upper Management
- Maintain and Manage Safety Records, Logbooks, Registers and Documentation as Required.
- Review Standards, Implement Plans to Meet Those Standards and Follow All Record-Keeping
- Conduct Risk Assessment and Enforce Preventative Measures.
- Review Existing Policies and Measures and Update According to Legislation.
- Administer First Aid.
- Inspect Premises and The Work of Personnel to Identify Issues or Non-Conformity (E.G. Not Using Protective Equipment)
- Ensure Incident Corrective Actions Are Followed Up on And Completed.
- Ensure the Completion and Regular Review of Risk Assessments for All Work Equipment and Operations.
- Identify Training Needs, Develop Appropriate Training Programs and Deliver Training to Employees.
- Make Presentations to Groups of Employees/Managers
- Liaise with External Health & Safety Consultants in The Provision of Training Programmes and Health and Safety Services.
- Provide Regular Reports to The Human Resources Manager, Board of Directors/Senior Management Team on Relevant Health and Safety Activities
- Oversee Workplace Repair, Installations and Any Other Work That Could Harm Employees’ Safety.
- Second Class Lower or HND Upper Credit (Minimum) in relevant Law Disciplines. B.Sc/B.A First Class, Second-Class Upper Degree or Master’s Degree from An Accredited College or University in Safety Management, Or Environmental Field of Study. Engineering or Relevant Field Is Preferred. BSc / BA
- Accredited Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Proven Experience as Safety Officer
- 3 Year Health and Safety Field Experience.
- First Aid Level 2 Certification Mandatory
- Minimum 3 Years of Supervisory Experience.
- Experience of Formulating, Implementing and Revising H&S Policies and Procedures.
- In Depth Knowledge of Legislation (E.G. OSHA/EPA) And Procedures.
- Knowledge of Potentially Hazardous Materials or Practices.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, And the Internet.
- Microsoft Word， PowerPoint，Excel，Outlook
- Excellent Research Skills.
- Time Management Skills.
- Problem Solving Skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with “Safety Officer” as the subject of the mail.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!