Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Reproductive Health and Family planning (RH/FP), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the position below:
Job Title: State Adhoc Staff, Community TB Intervention Project
Locations: FCT-Abuja, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Sokoto, Abia, Anambra, Osun, Oyo and River
Reporting to: The Program Coordinator -TB Grant
Slot: 10 Openings
Specific responsibilities On Community TB Intervention
- Report and Liaise with ARFH for data collection, analysis and reporting on ACF activities to ARFH.
- Support the CBO in the documentation of retirements for advances received.
- Collect and collate the retirements and report of activities (program and financial) implemented for advances provided to CBOs on or before TWO days after the MONTH of implementation and send soft copy of report to ARFH.
- Summarize the collated data from the CBO report and share with TBLS and STBLCP.
- Submit Hard copy to ARFH on monthly basis. (Preparation of weekly program implementation briefs, workplans, budgets and other working documents and reports, as required).
- Hold meeting with CBO member and CWs during supportive supervision to strengthen service delivery.
- Must maintain a very good working relationship with the STBLCP/LGA TBLS and CBOs
- Conducts visits to the CBO to review their documents and tools to ascertain the presumptive and positive TB cases in their registers
- Conduct visits to the DOTS and Lab facilities to verify presumptive and diagnosed TB cases from the community/CBO in the facility and lab registers
- Ensure that the test results of sputum samples supplied from the CBO/community are promptly released to CBO/ DOTS facilities
- Ensure that all the diagnosed TB cases from the community are also in the LGA register and receiving treatment
- Collate the verified results from the facilities and CBOs on monthly basis and report to ARFH for payment to CBO (Report to ARFH must be done on the 2nd day of the new month)
- Facilitate the capturing of Community TB data by the TBLS and ensure the data is presented at the State Review Meeting of the STBLCP.
- On a monthly basis, collect case finding Report from the TBLS of the implementing LGAs. (Must maintain a very good working relationship with the TBLS)
- Perform oversight functions to the CBOs/NGO and Community Workers (CWs) on the modalities and implementation of Active case findings (ACF) in the selected slums.
Representation and advocacy functions:
- Representing ARFH in relevant fora with a view to providing meaningful inputs to promote and advance the objectives of the organization.
- Carry out ongoing advocacy to maximize partners/donors and philanthropic support towards the realization of goal of the project and priorities.
- Support the identification of sources of funding within the State.
Required Number of Hours and Days
- A maximum of eight (8) hours per day is required for this service. It is regarded that forty (40) hours will be spent per week, which can be used any day qualitatively.
Required Skills and Experience
- Must have served as a link between the community and the health facilities (DOTS Clinics) working closely with LGA TBLS
- A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience for work
- Must be Fluent in English and local language is required (oral and written).
- HND or B.Sc in Social Science and/or international development or a related discipline;
- Must have worked on Tuberculosis(TB) Active Case Search Intervention with CBOs supported by Global Fund
- Must have mentored/supervised the community TB workers
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to: [email protected] Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email e.g. State Adhoc Staff, Kano State.
Application Deadline 17th April, 2019.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!