The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) one of the 11 privatized Electricity Distribution companies in Nigeria that operates in the following states; Kogi, Niger, Nasarawa and Abuja, is presently recruiting for the position below:
AEDC Plc, a reputable Electricity Distribution Company in Nigeria (backed by international investors and shareholders), is currently seeking experienced professionals to join our Company as:
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Protection Officer – Information Technology
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- Point of contact data protection for all customers, regulatory authorities and internal teams on data protection and data security.
- Coordinate the training of ALL employees on data protection.
- Monitor Data Management procedures and enforce compliance within the organisation.
- Review and recommend security practices and policies to ensure employee, customer and stakeholders’ data follow data protection regulations.
- Maintain data processing operations records.
- Address all queries from data subjects and regulators within required timeframes.
- Coordinate and own data protection from requirements and concept to implementation and operations.
- Keep abreast with changes in data protection and associated regulations to keep the company’s data protection policies updated.
- Identify and evaluate company’s data processing activities, including how it is obtained, transmitted, stored and processed.
- Liaise with stakeholder organisations such as vendors and contractors that process the company’s data.
Education, Experience & Technical Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering.
- Must be a registered member of relevant Professional body.
- 10 years of cognate experience is required.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Nigeria Data Protection Regulation Compliance.
- Stakeholder Communication and Education.
- Data Processing Audit.
- Data Breach Mitigation Practices.
- Updated Data Protection Policies
Other Required Competencies:
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent organizational & multitasking skills.
- Agility in a dynamic and fast changing business and regulatory environment.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with focus on results and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ethical and impartial in professional deliberations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
The Cover Letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4,
- All applications should include CV and a Cover Letter.
- The subject of your email should be position applied for. Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your Application.
Application Deadline:5:00 pm GMT; 16th April, 2019.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!