RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Utility Operations Advisor
Type: Short Term
- RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners is implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (E-WASH) project. E-WASH will provide technical assistance to state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six (6) state water boards (SWBs) in Nigeria. This is part of the United States Government’s (USG) efforts working with the Federal Government to address the heart of the challenges faced by the urban water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) services. The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
- The main objective of this consultancy position is to support the development of performance improvement plans in all the six states in which E-WASH is working, coordinate the undertaking of Organizational Development activities and customer enumeration in the six states. This is in line with the activities of the E-WASH – to design and implement urban WASH sector reforms. The consultant is expected to work with the six specialists in defining and implementing a customer enumeration exercise.
- Support prioritization and use of public private partnerships to improve delivery of water and sanitation services. Identify innovative cost recovery mechanisms and service delivery models. Support prioritization and use of local, own-source revenue to improve delivery of water and sanitation services.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Master’s degree in Finance, Commercialization, Economics, Organizational Development, HR or any of the accounting qualifications or such related fields.
- Experience in designing performance improvement plans of state-owned agencies.
- Experience in designing and undertaking financial management systems, evidence-based budgeting.
- Knowledge and understanding of utility finance electricity or water i.e. cost structure of utility operations, major cost centers,
- Knowledge of the key components of designing and undertaking customer enumeration exercise.
- A minimum of master’s degree and 10 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years of experience post qualification experience in any of the above areas
- Expertise in performance and utility performance improvement and specific expertise in areas including HR management, strategic planning, training and capacity building, financial management, and/or customer satisfaction and engagement
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (not more than 5 pages) to: [email protected]
Note: We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V
Application Deadline 25th April, 2019.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!