HealthPlus Limited, Nigeria’s first integrative pharmacy, is the fastest-growing pharmacy chain in West Africa. We are committed to our mission of helping people achieve optimum health and vitality, while delivering superior value to stakeholders. Our vision is to be Africa’s #1 for pharmacy, wellness and beauty. Recently, we secured significant foreign investment from our partners to scale up our network of retail outlets and our online business. This strategy will give us unparalleled reach across the country and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior HR Generalist
Reference #: HP/HR/SHG
Report to: the CEO
Contract Type: Permanent
- To Provide business focused, strategic and operational HR support and services for delivering on the HealthPlus Corporate Strategy & business Objectives.
- S/He provides proactive resourcing HR advice and guidance to Executives and the Leadership Team and colleagues for their designated area of focus.
- This role interprets HR policies and employment legislation, advises on risk management, and coaches/supports managers in handling people management, industrial relations and change processes.
- S/He identifies and promotes new ways of working and empowering approaches to people management in support of delivering on the business plan.
Other responsibilities include:
- Attarction & Recruitment, Onboarding of new associates, Performance Management, Learning & Development, Employee relations, People metrics/reporting, Partnering with line management on HR and business needs and special projects.
Specification (Key elements of the role)
- Facilitate effective workforce planning to identify the capacity and capability of the Business Unit to deliver its objectives
- Facilitates recruitment for designated Business Unit
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Acts as the performance improvement driver and provokes positive changes in the people management
- Designs succession plans for key talents and key job positions
- Challenges the organizational structure of the designated unit/s and proposes changes
- Take a coaching approach and provide management information to facilitate effective, consistent, empowering people management – expecting and enabling managers to assume increasing responsibility for all aspects of people management.
- Facilitates the management team to bring best solutions for employees
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Work in partnership with senior management teams to identify the people implications of strategic and business plans and other developments
- Provide professional senior level, strategic and operational HR advice on the interpretation of HR policies and procedures, employment legislation, recruitment strategies, and managing change processes, providing risk analysis to support this
- Constructively challenge decisions which are not in best interest of the organization
- Researches best practices in human performance and designs and revises performance management system for the Group.
- Analyses existing programs to determine their on-going ability to support the stated objectives.
- Formulates, with others, a philosophy of human performance improvement for the Group. Must be able to keep this philosophy current from one year to the next.
- Implements the competency framework system within the Group and trains Managers to carry out competency assessment, determine employee development needs and provide support.
- Oversees the daily operations of Compensation & Benefits (C&B) unit, to include job evaluation and classification, market surveying and analyses, job description development and maintenance, employment contract administration, and job and organizational audits.
- Reviews staff C&B practices across the Group to ensure compliance with company policies, local legislation and guidelines, and best practices.
- Provides direction and leadership to Human Resources consultants and representatives, and the Group community in the implementation of staff compensation policies, strategies, programs, and practices.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of staff C&B practices to ensure ongoing competitiveness within the job marketplace; regularly reviews and evaluates the staff pay plan, and prepares costed recommendations for market-based adjustments.
- Oversees and monitors the annual pay review process, ensuring compliance with established parameters and timelines; prepares guidelines and business rules, analyzes program results, and prepares reports and recommendations.
- Advises departments on better methods to improve departmental results.
- Obtains appropriate certifications to acquire and administer assessment instruments and provide feedback to management.
- Advises departments on competency-based management systems.
- Updates framework for improving Group incentive systems.
- Provides input to Compensation systems and their support of performance improvement.
- Continually improves processes to develop Performance Appraisal systems.
- Develops ideas/uses for technology, in human performance processes.
- Designs and develops communications programs to more clearly link Group management, to performance management.
- Establish methods to reduce turnover related to poor performance.
- Researches and establishes Competency Models for the various positions in the organization.
- Designs and develops standards for competency assessment for recruitment, development and promotions of employees.
- Develops specific pay plans and strategies as needed for targeted employee groups as needed to compete with market conditions and trends, ensuring overall internal equity, consistency with Group values and policies, and compliance with local laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Provides leadership in and/or oversees the design, development, and implementation of major organizational classification/compensation studies with broad impact on the Group.
- Provides leadership to the C&B unit and Group management on high-impact compensation issues; provides guidance regarding compensation practices, policy interpretation, problem resolution, and compliance with local laws.
- Participates and/or provides leadership in the development and modification of the Group C&B policies, systems, and procedures for staff.
HR Service Delivery/Employee Relations:
- Acts as a single point of contact for the employees and managers in the designated business unit
- Proactively supports the delivery of HR Processes at BU level
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. S/he conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day to day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required
Learning & Development:
- Manage the Industrial Training Fund (ITF) remittance and claims process
- Liaise with internal and external Training facilitators and other Training Organizations
- Manage the Archiving Learning Structure
- Facilitate leadership development content in the subject area assigned by the leadership team or client need. These classes may include (but not limited to): managing self, managing others, coaching and mentoring, communication skills, project management, etc
- Facilitation and tailoring of classes for training sessions.
- Manage the delivery of training and development programs.
- Evaluate training and development programs
- Manage the e-learning programme
- Maintain training matrix showing holistic training position of each staff department, compliance with training calendar and performance report
Desired Skills & Experience:
- First degree in a relevant discipline preferably in the Social Sciences, a Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Membership of relevant professional bodies (CIPM, HRCI, SHRM or CIPD required)
- Minimum of 8 years work experience in Human Resources
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as HRBP or HR Manager (e.g. manager, supervisor, lead) with demonstrated successes
- Proven ability to secure and analyze a range of quantitative and qualitative information and use this in developing strategies, plans, policies and solutions that meet individual and organizational needs
- Strong computing skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Project Management and Change Management Skills
- Creative, resourceful, and pragmatic with a positive ‘can do’ and solution – focused attitude
- Team player
- Willingness to work in other areas of HR to manage peaks in the team’s workload and cover for colleagues as required
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively others toward mutual objectives and able to influence across non -direct reports on cross functional teams
- Proactivity and Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information and demonstrate tact, discretion and good judgement
- Skilled and credible in advising others on empowering people management.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation/communication skills
- Able to work within a team as well as alone with little or no supervision
- Process planning monitoring and organizational skills
- Policy development and implementation
- Position requires strong analytical skills
- Process quality management and continuous process improvement abilities
- Strategic thinker: Able to provide strategic advice, develop options, analyze risks, make good judgements, and solve problems
- Able to develop highly effective working relationships by building credibility, respect and rapport with internal and external networks
- Excellent negotiation, influencing and persuasion skills
- Excellent leadership & influencing skills
- Able to effectively and creatively challenge people, situations and current thinking
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th June, 2019.