Intuivar Limited – Our client is a terminal operator with the mandate to provide integrated maritime and logistics solutions to both inbound and outbound traffic for the South South, South East and North Central markets of Nigeria. Investments in equipment and terminal capital development has led to improved port infrastructural development, port logistics and services in terms of berthing of vessels, cargo discharge, storage and delivery. The organization has gone through restructuring and is strategically positioned to become the premier terminal operator in Africa.
We have been engaged to search for and identify exceptional talents to join the organization and help fulfill its vision within the capacity below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Job Level: Middle Management
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct yearly stock count, stock valuation and identify obsolete/slow moving spares for write off.
- Set up accounts codes, Open accounts for new customers, add new GL accounts etc
- Determine payroll requirements; maintains payroll data; prepare and process monthly payroll
- Produce Monthly, quarterly and yearly Trial Balance reports
- Produce Monthly Revenue Analysis and management accounts
- Maintain various ledgers, journals, registers and other records; allocates revenues to appropriate functions; classifies expenditures and post to various accounts as required.
- Review and process expense vouchers, invoices, and other fiscal documents for payment; reconciles various financial reports and other data concerning fiscal operations.
- Analyze and interpret financial results for business operations.
- Ensure that transactions posted to AP, AR and Fixed Assets modules in Navision are properly represented in GL.
- Prepares financial statements, reports of operations, expenditure reports, statistical data, and other information concerning financial requirements; assists in gathering and reviewing data for preparation of budgets.
Qualification and Experience
- Good University Degree
- Minimum of 9 – 11 years cognate work experience; 3 of which must have been at senior management level
- Relevant professional accreditation’s e.g. CFA, ACCA, ICAN-ACA, MBA, MSc Finance
- Working Knowledge of port and shipping industry is of critical advantage
- Treasury Management
- Management Accounting
- Credit Control
- Financial Planning and Management
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Tax Planning and Management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected]
Note: Qualified Candidates from Northern Nigeria are strongly encouraged to apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!