Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cook/Cleaner
Area: HR & FIN
Report to: HRCO Assistant
Report to (functional): HRCO Assistant /Personnel Admin Manager
Contract Duration:6 months with possibility of renewal
- Being responsible for prepare continental/intercontinental meals MSF staff, according to hygiene standards and security rules, in order to ensure their nutritional needs.
- Execute, according to standards, housekeeping, cleaning and tiding up activities in order to ensure public and staff private areas are in good condition.
- Keep an inventory of MSF kitchen utensils and equipment, i.e. plates, glasses, cutlery, cookware, etc., and ensure its integrity.
- Report all important information (lost, robbery, damages, deterioration, incident, etc.).to superior
- Clean bedrooms, bathrooms, toilets and other rooms in MSF houses.
- Do the laundries iron clothes and other housekeeping activities.
- Sweep and mop the floors.
- Restock supplies (toilet paper, soap, etc.) as required.
- Upon arrival, prepare hot water for tea/coffee and refill drinking water.
- Check that the toilets are well stocked with paper and soap.
- Check that the water supply (kitchen, showers, etc.) is sufficient during water cuts.
- Keep premises properly locked (doors, windows).
- List item
- Carry out the preparation of meals for staff
- Follow at all times all hygiene standards and security rules.
- Control stock of food so as to ask for anything needed on time, and prepare shopping list and make purchases if required.
- Ensure meals to be served on time.
- If applicable set table before every meal and clean it up after each meal.
- Ensure cleanliness of all facilities, utensils and equipment.
- If domestic cook, ensure the provision of drinkable water during the day and when she / he leaves: cleaning, filling the filter and empty bottles, changing batteries if necessary.
- Look after all equipment provided.
- Education: Literacy essential, course on cooking desirable.
- Experience: Previous experience of 1 year minimum required.
- Languages: Local language essential. Mission language desirable (English).
- Stress Management
As per the MSF salary scale (national contract).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV and Motivation Letter and Copies of Credentials either by email to: [email protected] Subject of the email message should be “Cook/Cleaner – Abuja”
Submit in person to:
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – Spain,
Plot 394, Etang O. Obuli Street,
Off Ibrahim Idris Crescent, Jabi,
Application Deadline 20th April, 2019.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- The employee is encouraged to continually improve the skills associated with his/her position.
- The employee should also cooperate with co-workers in order to compensate for absences and changes in the project.
- As a humanitarian organization involved in emergency programs all national and international MSF staff is expected to be available for emergency response activities.
- MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!