Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education Senior State Facilitator
Reference Number: DUN051
The Role Reports to: The State Project Coordinator, Sokoto Field Office
The contract duration: 10 Months
- The Education senior state facilitator will ensure the effective implementation and coordination of all activities under Output 2 of the Girls Education Project Phase 3 and Educate a Child (EAC) Zamfara State according to the GEP3/EAC State work plan. More specifically, the consultant will work closely with the Education Officer responsible for GEP3/EAC in the UNICEF Sokoto Field Office and form effective professional relationships with relevant education sector stakeholders at the state level to advance GEP3 end EAC activities and results.
- The assignment will entail the effective coordination of the implementation of all activities under Output 2 of the Girls Education Project Phase 3 and Educate Child (EAC) in Zamfara State according to the state work plans and achievement of the overall results of CEP3/EAC in partnership with state education agencies.
- The activities include:
- School based teacher Development (in primary and integrated quranic schools).
- Head teacher capacity development
- Ensuring the distribution and utilization of teaching and learning materials
- Early Learning Pilot
- RANA Light
- Ensure that reports from monitoring are developed and shared timely to related stakeholders including SUBEB/SAME/LGEAs/UNICEF field office for their necessary actions (correcting gaps and building on successes);
- Facilitate the institutionalization of systems for effective and accurate data collection and analysis;
- Liaise with government and CSO/NGO partners regularly (persons/desk officers) to ensure the timely implementation of EAC activities with quality according to plan;
- Liaise with and between all, bodies and institutions involved in GEP3/EAC including local and development partners and ensure the effective pursuit of project targets;
- Collaborate with other organisations and agencies to promote inter-sectorial and integrated approach to girls’ education;
- Work with relevant desk officers to prepare proposals to support activities under this output and follow up retirements;
- Produce regular monthly report and work plan and submit them to the SPC, national Output 2 Lead, and GEP3/EAC focal person,
- Produce activity reports including training school support visit and cluster mentoring meeting reports and submit them to the SPC, national Output 2, Lead, and FO Education GEP3-/EAC focal person.
- Coordinate research related to interventions under the output
- Identify document and disseminate lessons learnt from activities under the output;
- Under the management and supervision of the state Project Coordinator and UNICEF Sokoto FO Education Officer, and national output 2 Lead, the State Output 2 Lead shall carry out the following tasks in fulfilling the expectations of this assignment:
- In collaboration with SUBEB and State COE, lead/coordinate/monitor the school improvement activities for impact and effectiveness through LCEAS, SUBEB and TDTS/TFS as planned under GEP3/EAC;
- Provide technical assistance to SAMEs/SUBEBs to improve the quality implementation of activities under the output;
- Identify capacity development needs of implementation partners, government and CSOs/NGOs and implement next steps to reduce such gaps;
- In coordination with TDTs/TFs, plan and conduct regular monitoring of interventions under the Output (identifying gaps and successes) to ensure quality of the implementation of interventions, including quality assurance activities
- Ensure systemic, accurate and updated data and information on the Output activities are collected and analysed.
- Working experiences in either the state-level education system and/or state college of education is an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of the education and social sectors in Nigeria, preferably in northern Nigeria.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, to varied audiences.
- Able to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Sets high standards for quality of work and consistently achieves project goals
- Demonstrates, applies and shares technical knowledge.
- Good understanding of girls’ education issues, community involvement and participation.
- Strong analytical skills using diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative data
- Strong leadership skill and drive for results.
- Must possess skills in use of Microsoft office suites.
- Advanced degree in education; social sciences or Economics.
- At least 3 years of experience and demonstrated ability in supporting capacity development work in the education sector.
- Fluency in English language and good English writing skills.
- Fluency in the language of the immediate environment.
- Experience working on gender issues.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!