Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Watsan Team Leader
Location: Monguno, Borno
Beginning of Contract: ASAP
Contract Duration: 3 months (with possibility of extension)
Probation period: 1 month
Delocalized status and related benefits: Applicable
- The Team Leader will coordinate a team of Watsan officers in order to set up the Water and Sanitation activities, ensuring that Solidarités International technical recommendations and procedures are followed.
Setting up the activities /control and supervision:
- Plan the weekly activities for his/her team and have them approved by his/her Line manager:
- Plan human resources needs (daily workers, workers…)
- Plan tool and material needs (request from stock)
- Anticipate administrative issues (requests in advance)
- Anticipate logistics issues (transport, communication means…)
- Organize and carry out, with his/her team, tasks assigned by his/her Line manager
- Supervise and monitor each stage of activity. Ensure that standards and instructions given by his/her Line manager, as well as Solidarités procedures, are followed
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his/her Line manager
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities and suggest operational solutions
Logistics and Administration:
- When recruiting daily workers, follow procedures and directives outlined by his/her Line manager and the administrative service
- Train his/her team members to use and maintain the available tools correctly
- Track usage with monitoring tools provided
- Enforce safety procedures
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed by members of his/her team
- Monitor the quality and quantity of material delivered to working sites
- Ensure the receipt and storage of material and equipment necessary for his/her work to be carried out on site
Reporting / communication:
- Listen to the populations and local participants in the field and report to his/her line manager any non-technical or safety-related issues which could affect the activities or safety of Solidarités International teams
- Take part in weekly program meetings and clusters on request
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his/her Team Leader and/or line manager
- Draw up and submit a weekly task report (which should include progress made by the team) to his/her line manager
- Take part in the drafting of the monthly program pack
- Establish and maintain good relations with local participants and communities (populations) in the operational fields
- Professional experience: 5 year of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector)
- Languages: English, Kanori, Haussa, Shua (additional languages a plus)
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills (communication), team player, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of prioritsation of tasks
- Training: University degree in Water and Sanitation or Environmental or Public Health Engineering/Water Resources
- Development or in one of the Civil Engineering (disciplines of Shelter, Water Supply and/or Hydrology) or Sanitation/Hygiene Engineering.
- Relevant experience on deep borehole drilling, shelter construction and development will be highly appreciated
- Project related skills : good knowledge of the project cycle, project implementation, project follow-up and reporting
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software : Excel, Word, Outlook, design, Autocad, GIS, data collection and analysis software a plus
- Management related skills
Salary and conditions
In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 17th April, 2019.
- Candidates should select “WatSan Team Leader” fill the form and attach your CV. The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.