AETI Power Systems and Control Limited – Our client, an International Conglomerate into construction projects, FMCG, Power among others seek to fill the position below:
Job Title: Document Controller
Reporting to: Project Manager/General Manager
Basic Work Requirements
- Should follow international standard for number documents and input technical revisions, perform compliance checking, filing and organizing, documentation auditing, and report on document status and distribute documents as required.
- Should keep track of important project documents like project plans, vendor contracts and drawings; creating reports for construction managers; keeping documentation safe and backed up; and performing data entry tasks when project documents need updates.
- Document Controllers manage and oversee documents. They ensure the proper documents are created and signed, that all data is accurate and that documents are stored and backed up and any retention policies are followed.
- Organize and archive, maintain documents, fulfill document retrieval requests and train employees,
- The document controller coordinates within an organization and ensures that the documents are kept in the right location and are accessible to all internal service.
- Should be a Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering.
- Should have attended relevant training courses and attained professional certification in the field of Document Control, though it is not mandatory.
- Must be able to handle documentation related to multi-discipline engineering, construction, QA/QC, certification, vendor technical, commercial documentation and records, preferably with previous hands on experience in in Engineering Data Management System (EDMS) or similar software being utilize in Project execution documentation and communication system.
- Must have relevant knowledge of Document Numbering System and archiving.
- Must ensure proper adherence to company Policy and Procedure and international standards concerning management, archiving and retention of company documents, records and data.
- Proficient in Computer Software Programs like spreadsheets, data base and word processing.
- Requires working to deadlines and ensuring that all departments are following the same procedures with regards to documents.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in one or more team, excellent IT skills, possess high attention to details, being accurate, good organization skills, being flexible and proactive, Excellent speaking and writing communication skill.
- Should have provided a common site wide methodology incorporating built-in intelligence to associate subject areas or functions to accommodate information and records management.
- Should be conversant with EDMS (electronic document management systems) software to track digital documents.
- Must have provided a single uniform system for use organization wide.
- Should have facilitated intuitive information or document recognition, identification, and retrieval.
Years of Work Experience:
- Must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience as Document Controller.
- Must have experience in software applications like Microsoft Office, construction management applications and document management systems.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 7th June, 2019.