The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is an international non-profit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), which works to strengthen health systems and reduce the spread and impact of HIV/AIDS in the areas where we operate. We currently have offices in six countries in sub-Saharan Africa, including Botswana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia.
We seeking qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Business Partner
- MGIC is recruiting for a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to provide Human Resources leadership across six countries.
- The primary responsibilities include compensation planning, employee relations management, implementation of effective people and performance management strategies, and ensuring that MGIC policies and procedures, as well as international HR best practices, are adhered to across the business.
- The HRBP is expected to work in collaboration on strategic initiatives with MGIC leadership, Country Directors, and HR leads to maximize staffing resources, performance, and ensure the efficiency of work processes.
Principal Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Collaborate with MGIC and country leadership teams to provide comprehensive HR support by strategizing and designing HR initiatives to meet business objectives.
- Provide support to CDs and country HR leads on HR issues, including the development and interpretation of UMB/MGIC policies and procedures, investigation of complaints and reports of ethics and policy violations, and conflict resolution and mediation.
- Ensure proper implementation and execution of HR programs and initiatives including HR audits, talent management, compensation management, year-end processes, and workforce planning.
- Analyze HR-specific trends and metrics in an effort to develop solutions, programs, and policies/procedures.
- Coach country leaders and managers to support professional development.
- Liaise with CDs and HR leads to develop communication and engagement plans for new organizational and country-specific initiatives.
- Advise on new and forthcoming employment legislation and assist in compliance with employment law.
- Provide oversight on employee tax compliance, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR management, Business, or related discipline and 6 years HR experience; or Master’s degree with 4 years of directly related experience.
- Experience providing international HR management/support to USG or other donor-funded projects.
- Prior experience in MGIC areas of operation and knowledge of local labor laws.
- Ability to perform complex numerical analysis related to HR issues, such as a compensation analysis, gender disparity analysis, etc.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Able to deal with complex, varied issues, covering the entire HR spectrum.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of HR best practice can be adapted /developed to support country-level HR processes and strategies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a single Word-formatted document consisting of a Cover Letter, CV, Citizenship, and Salary expectations to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 30th May, 2019.
- Please identify the location for which you are applying in the subject line.
- Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be considered or contacted. Applications will be considered as received. No phone calls please.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!