Adam Smith International are an award-winning professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting economic growth and government reform internationally. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments.
Adam Smith International has a strong corporate presence globally, with 146 current projects across 49 countries and over 1,000 staff and associates. Headquartered in London, our regional headquarters are based in Africa (Nairobi, Abuja, and Pretoria), Asia Pacific (Sydney) and South Asia (Delhi), with numerous registered offices across Africa and Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ASI West Africa Limited Security and Operations Manager
Tracking Code: 1237-112
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
- The Security and Operations manager has primary oversight and responsibility for security and duty of care of ASIWA staff and associates in Nigeria, as well as playing support role to the ASI Nigeria Country Lead on ASIWA operations and corporate management.
- This role is ASIWA’s most senior in-country role and is part of the ASIWA Senior Management Team. The position is accountable for the safety and security of staff and consultants and the day to day operations of ASI West Africa Ltd.
- The position is also responsible for ensuring corporate policies, i.e. financial, procurement, human resources and compliance, are adhered to.
- The Security and Operations Manager liaises on a regular basis with managers of the three ASI-led projects to ensure that feedback is collected, and the corporate platform is delivering maximum value to the projects. The role is based in in Kano with regular travel to Abuja Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano and Katsina.
Two candidates will be chosen and will operate on a four-week-on-four-week-off basis.
Position Reports To:
- Nigeria Country Lead, Adam Smith International, London or West Africa Director (depending on location)
The Security component of the role is responsible for:
- Managing the Security Plan by:
- Preparing, maintaining and updating the Nigeria security plan and contingency plans as well as SOPs;
- Ensuring staff and consultant familiarity with emergency response plans, medical evacuation plans, SOPs, etc.;
- Ensuring compliance with SOPs and reporting non-compliance to the Nigeria Country Lead;
- Establishing consultant and staff lists, including details of visiting delegations and consultants for whom ASI has Duty of Care;
- Engaging, where appropriate, service providers to assist with security, duty of care, evacuations etc.;
- Maintaining lists of approved hotels, hospitals, domestic airlines and taxi services;
- Establishing and updating lists of road routes between key centres of operation and outlying states of operation;
- Ensuring that staff and associate movements are effectively tracked across the projects;
- Acting as the regional lead in the event of any crisis including medical evacuation/assistance; K&R situations; Motor Vehicle Accidents; and Arrest and Detention;
- Coordinating Reporting and Liaison by:
- Establishing and maintaining contacts with:
- National Security Agencies to obtain best information and protection for ASIWA consultants and staff; and
- Security officials of Diplomatic Missions and International Organizations to share information pertaining to safety and security.
- Working with the ASIWA Security Adviser to remain current of the political situation in areas of operations to ensure that risks are mitigated;
- Ensuring effective flow of security-related communications to the ASI projects.
- Liaising with the project managers on duty of care issues.
- Managing Emergency Communications by:
- Ensuring that all security and communications equipment is functioning and in good repair;
- Developing, implementing and supervising a communications monitoring mechanism and conducting routine communications checks by running drills with ASI and ASO consultants and staff; and
- Ensuring communications training is provided to drivers, security focal points, and others, as required.
- Managing Office and Residential Security by:
- Managing the supplier relationship with the contracted guard force service provider to ensure that access control mechanisms are understood and implemented;
- Ensuring suitable vehicle screening and access control are in place for vehicles and people entering ASIWA-managed properties;
- Implementing and maintaining fire safety measures in accordance with SOPs;
- Preparing fire/building evacuation plans and conducting periodic drills;
- Ensuring medical packs are distributed and up to date;
- Conducting regular and ongoing physical security surveys of all AIWAO-managed properties and recommending changes/upgrades as well as for any properties being considered by ASIWA for rental purposes;
- Reporting any breaches to the ASI Representative.
- Other Duties Including:
- Immediately reporting all critical security related incidents involving ASI or ASO staff to the ASI Representative and the Country Director;
- Immediately fanning out critical incident information through channels as prescribed;
- Following up on the arrest and detention of any ASI or ASO staff;
- Coordinating investigations of death of ASI or ASO staff;
- Coordinating 24 hour response to all security related incidents involving ASI or ASO staff; and
- Delivering security-related training as approved by the ASI Representative.
The Operations component of the role is responsible for:
- Management of fleet vehicles, including maintenance schedules;
- Management of generators, including maintenance schedules;
- Management of residential compounds and furnishings;
- Oversight of visas and resident permit applications for compliance;
- Managing property leases;
- Overseeing property infrastructure management;
- Carrying out special projects as required.
Support the Finance Manager in ensuring financial systems are in place to including:
- Working closely with financial staff to mitigate incidents of fraud and to ensure compliance as per policy;
- Ensuring the financial processes are serving the projects to the maximum possible effect;
- Ensuring delegations of authority are implemented and monitored for compliance;
- Ensuring payment schedules are on schedule; and
- Ensuring timely and accurate processing and documentation of procurement activities in accordance with policy.
- The Security and Operations Manager has line management responsibility for all Operations staff.
What We Offer You
- We offer you a dynamic and friendly team environment and the opportunity to work on a highly successful portfolio of programmes. We have a strong commitment to our people and strive to live by our values.
- We’ve built a culture to reflect our values, full of likeminded professionals who are smart, passionate and great at what they do.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Ready to Apply?
- We would love to hear from you. Please submit a CV (no more than 3 pages) and short cover letter with the subject line ‘West Africa Security and Operations Manager’.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
- Due to the very high volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to offer individual feedback.
- Thank you for your consideration.
- ASI is committed to continually improving the diversity of our workforce through the attraction, retention and development of a diverse range of talented people. We want people to be comfortable bringing their whole self to work and recognise that inclusion brings further opportunities for innovation and creativity.
Application Deadline 9th June, 2019.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!