Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a local NGO with its head office in Abuja FCT. WEWE is soliciting for a qualified individual to fill the position of Director of Internal Audit and Compliance in a USAID funded project called ‘Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (LOPIN) Project for Akwa Ibom and Rivers States.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – End of Project Evaluation
Location: Akwa Ibom
Coverage: Akwa Ibom, Rivers
Assignment: Consultant -End-of-Project Evaluation of WEWE-LOPIN 2 Project
- WEWE is soliciting for individual or consulting firm to carry out an end-of-project evaluation of the LOPIN 2 Project as detailed below.
Scope and Broad Objectives of the Evaluation
- This end-of-project evaluation will focus principally on evaluating the 2 implementation model strategies (Direct Implementation, and use of CSOs) as well as key technical aspects which may have an impact on the performance of the project.
- After almost five years of intervention, WEWE plans to conduct an end-of-project evaluation of the Local Partners Initiative (LOPIN 2) project in order to document its achievements against targets, outcomes and possible impacts.
- The goals of the evaluation are to assess both the processes and strategies, collect robust evidence on the outcomes and possible impacts of the project, as well as document lessons learned
- To be objective, the end-of-project evaluation will be led by an external consultant who has no prior commitment or contribution to the implementation of LOPIN 2 Project. The evaluation is expected to take place in May 2019.
This end-of-project evaluation will address the following key evaluation objectives and develop recommendations based on the findings:
- Evaluate the extent to which the LOPIN 2 project has met its stated objectives, including meeting goals and outcome indicators for child and household well-being, health, economic, nutrition, gender and parenting outcomes, and systems strengthening, and knowledge of and access to services related to HIV and AIDS
- Compare the achievements and cost-effectiveness of the use of Direct Program Implementers versus the traditional use of CBOs
- Evaluate the effectiveness and outcome of the Village Savings and Loan Associations (VSLA) approach in strengthening the economy of the enrolled households through savings and investment.
- Measure the current levels of household savings in the households with OVC
- Evaluate how LOPIN 2 has contributed to caregivers’ ability to care for OVC through various capacity building activities, including better parenting
- Document project achievements, best practices, and lessons learned, identify what worked well and why and what did not work and why.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates (consulting firm) should send their comprehensive CV’s or company profile and Cover Letter in only one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com Kindly indicate the title of the consultancy you are applying for in the subject line of the e-mail and include functional e-mails/mobile phone numbers and full contact information and at least three professional referees.
- WEWE’s recruitment process for this position will be on a rolling basis, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis.
- WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.