Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
We are recruiting to to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance/Admin Assistant
Location: Damboa, Borno State
Job Field: Finance/Administration/HRrnLine Manager
Under the supervision of the Finance & Admin Officer, the Finance and Administration Assistant will assist in following up on the following main activities in accordance to national and MdM procedures:
- Assist the Base Log & Admin Manager and Finance & Admin Officer in the review of MRs, evaluation grids by ensuring the donor and saga code are completed
- Assist in reviewing all payments requests for completion before they are submitted to Field Coordinator /Finance Coordinator for payment
- Cash Box and payroll Management
- General Administration & HRrnTasks DescriptionrnFinance
- Explains MDM financial rules as needed, including donor rules under guidance of the Finance & Admin. Officer
- Double check of records, according to MDM and Donor procedures
- Make cash advances for operation to validated staff after validation of the Base Log & Admin Manager and ensure that all advances are reconciled/closed by the end of the month.
- Prepare (glue and copy) and archive all necessary documents for monthly accountancy in accordance with MdM procedures,: accountancy (ledger, cash controls) and annexes.
- Complete the monthly closing operations of the cash accounts in accountancy after validation of Finance Coordinator, in the schedule fixed and send the documents required
- For bank payments send the complete documents to coordination office in due time.
- Assist in reconciliation of cash and preparation of the monthly cash counts.
- Assist in the in the preparation of documents for financial/annual audits
- Ensures the respect of accounting rule set as per MdM standards;
- Prepare payment related to the daily operation of the MdM programs according to MdM procurement procedures (Mission Request, Purchase order, contract, invoices & receipts, quotations etc.)
- Verify that all the receipts/invoices are correctly filled, and they are eligible for MdM accountancy (indicating: date, details of the supplier with amount clearly written and stamped PAID);
- Archive all the relevant administrative and accountancy documentation in the proper way indicated by the Base Log & Admin Manager and according to MdM procedures;
- Enter invoices & payments data daily into accountancy software (saga) in accordance with MdM standards and to the accountancy and budget framework.
- Keep the cash and Cash boxes safe and according to procedures
- Estimate petty Cash, and make request to the Administrative Coordinator for replenishment
- Perform daily/weekly/ and monthly cash control with Finance Officer
- Make payment of monthly perdiem and advance of salary according to MdM procedures for the national staff
- Assist in disbursing cash advance and for utilities and supplier’s payments. Proactively follow up on the same.
- Assist in the daily workers payments and ensure all documents are complete.
- verify the payment and justification of any per diem and transport for employees sent out on the fieldrnDamboa Human Resource Administration and Recruitment:
- Assists in Updating the payroll data base on monthly bases for all Damboa Staff with their HR information’s, leaves, overtime, advances and all deductions. Calculates overtime and leave to ensure accurate payments to all MDM staff using time sheets for validation
- Using the attendance sheets, and under validation of the Field coordinator, calculate and pay the incentives as per the determined time-table.Assists the Finance and Administration Officer to follow-up on any change of policy in the Nigerian/local government legislation or when information on changes in legislation is available and communicate to the rest of the staff
- Assist to organize induction for new recruited staffs in Damboa
- Organizes archiving and filing of all HR and administrative documents;
- Assist during organization of trainings, accommodation and transportation
- Be flexible in performing his/her dutiesrn
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Base/Log Admin Manager, Field Coordinator and Finance & Admin Officer
- Independently identify areas of work within the department that require support, and carry out the same
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or comparable degree
- 1-year progressive experience in Finance role is a must
- Fluent in English and Hausa. Knowledge of Kanuri and Marghi language would be an added advantage
- Experience with NGO required.
- Experience with Saga will be an asset
- Experience working in a multi-organizational team (international and national partners) is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English required, including report development, writing and editing.Excellent skills in excel and data analysis are required for this position, and will be tested at interview
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 24th May, 2019.