Prisdav Consulting – Our client, a leading FMCG company in Nigeria is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate to look after and expand key brands of the product portfolios, to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Regional Business Manager (East Central, South East)
- To take total responsibility for achieving or exceeding the Sales and Distribution objectives in the respective Region to ensure achievement of company’s business objectives and strategy.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Principal Sales Target:
- Develop and achieve or exceed the sales volume/revenue goals targets as defined in the Business Plan for the sales channels and control/monitor the Sales budget to ensure optimum allocation of resources to different businesses of the company.
- Coordinate with the Marketing Division to ensure marketing tools are provided to the trade to increase brand visibility and thereby achieve business objectives.
High Performance Team:
- Coordinate with the Human Resources and the Line Managers to efficiently implement HR initiatives so as to motivate and lead a High Performance Team
- Check individual performances of the Sales Team and motivate them, either through personal counselling and/or imparting training in tactical selling skills to improve and enhance their capabilities and sales performance.
- Conduct regular market visits to check route coverage and availability of company products in the market, competitor’s activities and look for new business opportunities in order to safeguard the customer base and increase market share.
- Develop and maintain an efficient distribution network and efficient routing to ensure timely deliveries and superior levels of service to company customers.
Finance & Accounts:
- Co-ordinate with Finance & Accounts to ensure compliance with all financial norms to control collections and receivables.
- Coordinate the execution of marketing & promotional activities in the market place to derive maximum benefit out of such promotional initiatives.
- Analyze the impact of such promotions and submit report to the Sales Manager for assessment and evaluation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Management
- An MBA is an added advantage
- 10 – 15 years’ experience in sales of FMCG products, preferably in direct distribution channel.
- Sound Business Financial and Numerical expertise
- Excellent Sales track record
- Presentation+ Negotiation skills with excellent Leadership skills to motivate and drive the team
- Professional and mature attitude towards resolving problems with a behaviour competency to build relationships
- Excellent analytical skills
- Communication & problem solving skills
- Computer literate in MS Office and ERP (Oracle)
- Language requirements are regionally specific.
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Creativity and an ability to produce innovative and original ideas
- Team working skills
- The ability to manage and allocate budgets
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Time and project management skills, including the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- An ability to think strategically and come up with campaigns
Job Title: Key Account Executive
Reports to: Key Account Manager
- To ensure continued profitability and volume growth of the products as a result of an effective, well-coordinated Brand Management activities.
- Sales Planning:
- Provide leadership to the Area as a frontline Manager
- Take full responsibility for Sales, Stock Control and achieving distribution targets within assigned budgets (ROI)
- Prepare a sales plan and targets (daily, weekly and monthly) by route and by brand Distribution:
- Sell In Product
- Coverage of defined key account universe
- Frequency of coverage
- Mode of coverage
- Daily coverage targets and daily sales effectiveness targets
- Product delivery: Prompt or Delayed (based on sales)
- Delivery metrics:
- Responsible for managing the stock level by brand, by outlet according to the minimum and maximum agreed levels, at all times, in order to minimize OOS
- Coordinate stock dispatches as per requirements in the assigned outlet
- Prepare the monthly brand wise targets by customer with KAM and monitor performance vs plan.
- Maintain an updated list of customers details
- Price Monitoring:
- Ensure that price list issued by the Company is strictly followed in the market for all products.
- Competitive brand tracking with respect to Key Account prices on a monthly basis
- Price communication – clearly and boldly done
- Ensure credit customers pay up their debts with nil case of over aged debt.
- Work with the credit controller to ensure credit limit are in line with customer performance.
- MIS & Reporting on Performance:
- Target vs. Achievement
- Monthly Competitive activity reporting with respect to gondolas, sampling & new launches.
- Regular interaction with outlet managers to confirm any process gaps and to take necessary action to plug the gaps.
- Continuous engagement with KAM on Sales, Marketing activities in the Area and provide feedback to the Business head.
- Responsible for verifying the accuracy of the MIS report.
Critical Success Factors:
- Achievement of volume, value and share targets
- Ensuring effective distribution of product – availability, visibility and market price management.
- Regular (weekly and monthly) performance feedback. Follow up on actions with the KAM and Activation coordinator ensuring corrective action is taken.
- Must be a graduate with Marketing or Business degree.
- Demonstrable proven experience within an FMCG environment
- Demonstrable display of strong commercial and financial acumen and A genuine desire and passion for results.
- Analytical and quantitative skill set
- Strong presentation skills
- Outstanding Written and Verbal
- Strong understanding of customer and market intricacies and requirements
- Able to establish and maintain good customer service with internal and external customers
- Able to learn sales processes and systems.
- Able to use initiative
- Able to lead by example
- Able to set clear direction and communicate change
- Able to resolve conflicts and effectively solve problems
- Able to effectively coordinate cross functionally and with external parties in the area
- Able to implement & execute sales strategies and programs (and/or new Company policies)
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Efficient team building skills
- Ability to interact with any level within the organization
- Ability to self-motivate and multi-task and work independently or within a team
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 31st May, 2019.