AT&A Group Limited offers Investment, Properties & Retail Management Services, we are recruiting suitable and qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
- The Legal Officer promotes ethical conduct and compliance with rules, regulations and standard processes that govern how AT&A Group conducts business.
- This applies to how financial transactions and trades are handled, how client accounts are maintained and processed and how the Group operates as a business.
- Handle internal / external legal concerns of the business
- Give legal advice (which coincide with existing laws) to management to ensure the best legal approach is taken for business ventures
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Regulatory, investment, operational policy interpretation
- Oversight of regulatory filings and compliance with jurisdictional requirements
- Providing technical guidance on existing and new regulations
- Providing training programs to increase understanding of regulatory requirements, compliance policies and ethical conduct within business lines and across the organization
- Monitor positions against investment parameters/ restrictions
- Liaising with regulators in compliance and networking with other compliance officers in their industry in order to stay current with regulatory issues and leading practices.
- Investigate, escalate, and report issues to business management
- Establish and document compliance processes and procedures
- Actively staying on top of the latest laws, regulations and business trends and being able to translate these into requirements for the operation of the organization.
- Monitor whether the business is operating according to applicable regulatory requirements, operating processes and policies.
- Report non-compliance issues to management and work with staff to correct the issue
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Conduct research in all our business ventures / proposals to ensure the Group acts in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Keep and manage portfolios for approved projects.
- Relevant compliance experience in asset or wealth management
- General investment, regulatory compliance experience
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in a business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- The Legal Officer must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Financial services, securities, investment practices, anti-money laundering
- Rules and regulations that support the financial services industry
- Financial sector conduct and practices
- Capital market regulations
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good evaluation and interpretative skills
- Good leadership skills
- Ability to understand complex information and requirements
- Sound judgment and ability to analyze situations and information
- Confidence in decision-making
- Attention to details
- Self driven and a good team player.
- First rate analytical and communication skills.
- Composed under pressure and able to effectively manage and priorities a substantial workload
- Excellent organizational skills
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 24th May, 2019.