Owens & Xley Consults – Our client, a Luxury Gift store in Lekki phase 1, Lagos State is looking to hire a competent candidate to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Sales and Business Development Manager
- The Sales and Business Development Manager will be responsible for promoting the products and services of the company.
- He or she will build market positions for the company by identifying, developing and negotiating business relationships that translate into sales.
- S/He will work to grow the client base of the company, foster client relationships and manage the corporate image of the company
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Work with the Lead Curator to generate and supervise the execution of marketing campaigns and plans
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors research, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Update and manage the company’s website and social media pages
- Provide weekly progress report, ensuring all data is accurately entered for the company’s knowledge management system.
- Carry out other business development functions as may be required by management
- Prospect for potential clients; build, grow and maintain these relationships into increased businesses for the company.
- Coordinate business development planning and work closely with teams especially sales to develop proposals for client meetings.
- Identify potential business opportunities and analyze trends in the company’s market space
- Work closely with the product team to meet consumer needs.
- Keep a profile of the current clientele of the business and regularly update the database
- Attend industry specific functions, such as conferences, fairs etc., and provide valuable feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- HND or B.Sc in Marketing, Business, Finance
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in the retail industry is a plus
Skills, Abilities and Personal Attributes:
- Proficient user of MS Office (MS Excel in particular)
- Must be able to prepare management reports and correspondence
- Excellent project management skills
- Sociable and pleasant
- Keen eye for detail
- Have a deep desire to work in the children gifts and toys industry
- Confident and pleasant
- Loves a challenge
- Highly analytical, driven and focused.
- Prospecting and closing skills, sales mapping and planning, territory management, market knowledge, presentation skills,
- High level of professionalism;
- Able to develop strategic plans for sales; must be motivated to exceed sales targets.
- Result-oriented team player with exceptional motivation and interpersonal skills.
- Networking, prospecting and persuasion skills with the ability to identify the needs and challenges of clients.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 15th May, 2019.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!