The National Institute for Nigerian Languages (NINLAN) is an Inter-University Centre for Nigerian Language Studies. It is an autonomous institution under the regulation of the National Universities Commission (NUC).
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Director of Works
- Candidates must have a good honours degree in any of Civil Engineering, Architecture, Building Technology or any other related discipline. Possession of a higher degree in the above areas will be an added advantage.
- In addition, candidates must, be registered with relevant professional bodies such as COREN, ARCON, ete,
- Candidates should not be below the rank of a Deputy Director and must not be older than sixty (60) years on assumption of duty. Candidates must also have a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience.
Job Title: Librarian
- Applicants must have at least a Master’s degree in Library Science.
- Possession of a doctorate degree (PhD) will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must have evidence of scholarly publications related to Library/Information Science in reputable journals and books enough to score points required of a Reader or Professor.
- Candidates should have had a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience and be at the rank of Deputy Librarian or its equivalent in a tertiary institution.
- In addition, candidates must belong to the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN) as well as the Nigerian Library Association (NLA). They should show high level of computer literacy.
Job Title: Executive Director
- The Executive Director is the Chief Executive and academic head of the Institute. He/she shall be the Chief exponent of the educational research and cultural missions of the institute and his/her office shall serve as the hub of activities in areas of protocol, external relations, and coordination of various internal organs.
- The Executive Director sees to the thy-to-thy administration of the Institute and shall see that the mandate and goals of the institute are met.
- The Executive Director is directly responsible to the Governing Council for the Management of the human, monetary and material resources of the Institute
- It is the duty of the Executive Director to ensure that the provisions of the Act setting up the institute are observed; and by virtue of his/her office, he or she is a member of Council, Chairman of Academic Board, chairman of the Congregation, and soon.
- The candidate for the post of Executive Director of the Institute should be a distinguished scholar with outstanding academic and administrative records.
Specifically, the candidate:
- Must possess a Doctorate Degree in Linguistics, Nigerian Languages, Communication and Language Arts or any other related discipline;
- Shall be a lull Professor of normally, not less than eight (8) years standing, with ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for the institute.
- The candidates should have substantial experience at professional level, and must have held senior academic and administrative positions. sufficient to prepare him/her for the duties of Executive Director,
- Must possess a clear vision for the actualization of the Institute’s mandate, vision and goals;
- Shall, exhibit entrepreneurial drive and ability to attract extra- statutory- finds and mobilize other resources for the development of the Institute;
- Shall possess personal integrity in the management of funds and be able to deploy financial resources appropriately for the benefit of the institute;
- Shall demonstrate respectable level of ICT literacy;
- Shall enjoy excellent physical and mental health,
Consolidated as those of Vice Chancellors of Federal Universities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 15 copies each of their Applications, Credentials, and detailed Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated, and are to request their three referees to send references on them to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
National Institute For Nigerian Languages (NILAN),
P.M.B. 7078, Aba,
Application Deadline 19th June, 2019.