Wartsila is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Location: Calabar, Cross River
- Wartsila in Nigeria is looking for a strong personality to lead our maintenance team at Calabar whilst ensuring exceptional customer satisfaction. This position is located at Calabar,Nigeria.
- Prepare reports, maintenance plan and budget as instructed by the Contract Manager.
- Identify and actively seek to improve maintenance reliability and availability of the plant.
- Follow-up and optimize the maintenance costs of the plant.
- Develop the maintenance working routines at the plant including training to the local staff.
- Maintain good internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Negotiate and purchase materials and services for maintenance according to the plan.
- Plan, lead and manage daily maintenance activities at the plant and/or assigned team.
- Ensure that the performance targets of the plant are reached according to the contract in own responsibility area.
- Ensure competent resources and competence development of the maintenance resources and/or assigned team.
- Ensure that the condition of the plant and equipment are according to applicable guidelines and policies and take corrective actions when needed.
- Ensure that the work is executed at plant according to Wärtsilä Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and customer site procedures as well as assigned maintenance plan.
- Implement Contract Management action plans, processes and guidelines in the assigned responsibility area.
Customer focus and service mind-set also in tough situations is natural to you and the business, market and customer understanding enables you to create and develop customer relationships with long term thinking:
- Team player attitude internally and externally
- Entrepreneurial drive with hunter mind-set
- Good experience on power plant project sales, power project development and Operation and Maintenance total solutions experience
- BEng/BTech in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Languages: English
- Understanding customers business and value proposition
- Understanding of power plant financing, construction, operation and economic drivers
- Good value selling understanding, preferably from the power plant business
- Wärtsilä power plant knowledge
- Understanding sales financials
- Excellent sales and contract negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong planning skills
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply