Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Control Engineer Trainee
Ref Id: 3283456
Location: Bonny Island, Rivers
- As part of our local content commitment, The Control Engineer Trainee will support the Service Director in the execution of the Agreement.
- The Control Engineer Trainee will take primary responsibility for the management of all controls related covered equipment, including the interface between the Mk V &Vie and any other software and hardware environment.
The Control Engineer Trainee’s duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a documented history of all control system changes or modifications for the Covered Units.
- Support the Owner’s operation & maintenance staff with diagnosing and resolving maintenance or operational problems on the Covered Units.
- Assist in diagnosis and resolving control problems which cause or may potentially cause negative impacts on LNG production.
- Partake in on-the-job training of Owner’s operation & maintenance staff.
- Conduct maintenance planning, pre-Outage, Outage and post-Outage planning activities in conjunction with the Owner.
- Assist the Owner with regular reviews of maintenance activities associated with the control aspects of the Covered Units.
- Forward and discuss any controls systems related TIL’s to the Owner; and plan the agreed upon implementation of any recommendations.
- Respond to the Owner’s technical inquiries utilizing GECS and Oil & Gas technical support services.
- Provide information regarding the latest advancement in CM&U opportunities to the Owner and assist with implementation of any recommendations.
- Work with BHGE & Owner’s Site teams to develop maintenance schedules associated with the control systems, which optimize Covered Unit reliability and availability.
- Strong knowledge in unit control panel (UCP), motor control center (MCC), direct current panel (DCP) and fire-fighting system installation and commissioning
- Strong knowledge in field devices, instruments and actuators (servo-valves, thermo elements, transmitters etc…)
- Ability to handle special tools like pressure pump, multi-meter, frequency generator, oscilloscope and field generator (MicroCal).
- Ability to understand and implement technical drawings (wiring diagram, P&ID, General Arrangement, etc…)
- Write accurate professional reports.
- Graduate degree in relevant field and with national service discharge (if applicable)
- Authorized to work in country full-time and without restriction
- Good knowledge on MKV, MKVI or MKVIe Control Panel on Heavy Duty Gas Turbines, compressors & other rotating equipments for troubleshooting faults and start-up units after interventions etc.
- Good knowledge on site activities management including planning, assigning manpower resources and tools, providing technical assistance to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- High performer with a passion to achieve positive business results
- Curiosity and desire to learn and expand skill set
- Flexible, adaptable, and open to change.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply