Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) – We coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Economic Analyst
Job Code: 4.2.01
The prime objectives of the Petroleum Studies Department are:
- To promote OPEC views and technical analysis on short-term oil market developments to the industry at large and general public via the OPEC Monthly Oil Market Report (especially the feature article) as well as other reports, presentations and related pod casts.
- To prepare and contribute to reports to be submitted to the ECB, the BOG and the MMSC as well as papers for various OPEC publications.
- To provide pertinent and reliable information and analyses in support of decision-making and policy-making in Member Countries.
- To carry out, on a continuous basis, research programmes and studies on short-term petroleum market developments with the aim of issuing reports on a regular (i.e. daily, weekly, monthly and bi-monthly) as well as ad hoc basis highlighting important issues for their use and consideration.
- To conduct regular forecasts, elaborate and analyse oil market scenarios and prepare and publish reports on these findings.
Objective of Position
- To analyse key indicators and forecast global economic development in the short- to medium- term with emphasis on developing countries and countries in transition; to consolidate findings for inclusion in the Monthly Oil Market Report as well as reports for OPEC Governing Bodies; to prepare occasional and topical reports/studies as requested.
- Builds up and pursues collaborative networks with Member Countries’ and other countries’ academic and business institutions to enhance pertinent data gathering and analysis.
- Participates in relevant task forces, external meetings and conferences in particular on subjects relating to analysis on and cooperation with oil consuming developing countries.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
- Analyses leading indicators of world economic development including trade, commodity prices and investments and on this basis monitors and forecasts short- to medium- term developments with particular focus on developing countries and countries in transition.
- Prepares and comments on an economic outlook for developing countries, including OPEC Member Countries, for the Monthly Oil Market Report and other reports. Prepares and presents associated materials to meetings of the ECB.
- Contributes to economic studies in support of PSD analyses of oil demand in developing countries; monitors and assesses the impact of oil price, subsidies and taxation policies on the demand for oil.
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- University Degree in Economics
- Advanced degree preferred
- University degree: 8 years
- Advanced degree: 6 years
- Macroeconomics, international trade and/or development economics.
- Knowledge of applied econometrics and quantitative methods an asset.
- Knowledge of the oil industry an asset.
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Initiative and integrity
Status and Benefits
- Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
- The post is at grade E reporting to the Head of the Petroleum Studies Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to fill in a résumé and an application form which can be received from their Country’s Governor (PDF) (See Nigeria address below) for OPEC or Click Here (Ms Word) to download Application Form. In order for applications to be considered, the application form and resume must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than the closing date stated above.
NIGERIA COUNTRY GOVERNOR
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dr. Omar Farouk Ibrahim, MCIPR,
Group General Manager, International Energy Relations (GGM IER),
Governor for OPEC,
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation – NNPC,
Block D 10th Floor, Room 04, NNPC Towers
Click Here to Download Application Form (Ms Word)
Application Deadline 1st July, 2019.
Note: Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!