Adexen Recruitment Agency has been mandated by a leading Maritime company to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer – Expatriate
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
- Carries out monthly operational budget review, prepare variance analysis including expenditure trend and other relevant reports for management.
- Plans budgets and schedules for fleet maintenance and ensures strict compliance
- Continuously assessing operating environment and clients business contexts to identify opportunities for new business, including innovative partnership possibilities.
- Develops and maintains internal controls and policies for an effective operations system
- Ensures strict compliance to the Group policies
- Ensures adherence to all safety requirements and regulations
- Have direct oversight of all vessel maintenance records and equipment warranties.
- To provide leadership and manage day-to-day operations of the Company, including commercial activities, operations management, development and execution of the strategies and policies that ensure operational performance, growth, sales performance and profitability.
- Manages all the vessels contracts
- Optimises fleet capacity utilisation
- Oversees all operational activities to ensure high quality and optimised service delivery at a highly competitive rate
- Controls the assigned budget and actively seek operational leverage to improve cost efficiency via creating a continuous improvement operational culture.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Good knowledge of vessel systems and their proper maintenance will be an added advantage
- Ability to manage a multiple vessel organization
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage large teams
- Team management
- Results oriented
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years working experience in the maritime industry
- Minimum 5 years in a similar role
- A previous experience in Nigeria/Africa will be a plus
- Internationally recognized shipping qualification
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.