Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Specialist – IHP
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Project Overview and Role
- IHP is an integrated health program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems.
- It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas, family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/newborn health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia/diarrhea.
- Monitor the implementation of project specific M&E activities ensuring compliance with set standards, checking and correcting the quality of systems and data;
- Assist in training and monitoring partners / stakeholders in the use of data for management decision-making, enabling results-based management;
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports to donor and stake holders in accordance with specified timelines;
- Supports information and knowledge sharing across project sites and partners;
- Some travel to supported States should be expected;
- Reports directly to IHP MEL Director
- Create designs to support the presentation of reports and statistical data using infographics and other interactive media;
- Develop analytic dashboards, activity trackers and visualizers to aid performance evaluation of IHP and government policies, programs, and services;
- Assist in the implementation of the monitoring, evaluation and Learning plan for the project;
- Summarize, analyze and interpret data for monitoring project activities, including the use of digital visualization and infographics;
- Provides support for performance monitoring and evaluation to IHP State Teams;
- Assist in training team members, health staff and partners at all levels in completion, analysis, reporting and utilization of information collected for operational and strategic needs of the project;
- The ICT Specialist will have experience working with information and monitoring systems for public health programs.
- The Specialist will have expertise and up-to-date knowledge and skills in monitoring and evaluation of health systems and healthcare provision programming, and experience working with different cadres of government.
- S/he must be intimately familiar with the public context in Nigeria and have in-country experience with USAID / International donor programs.
Additional qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s degree / HND in Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences, Public Health, Health Information Management or related field.
- Minimum of 3 / 4 years of progressively responsible experience, implementing, monitoring, evaluation and learning tasks for public health projects.
- Familiarity with USAID/International indicators and standard measurement tools in the areas of reproductive health/family planning, maternal and neonatal health and other relevant technical areas.
- Competency in infographics software, DHIS2, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and a statistical software package (SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA, SAS or similar).
- Demonstrated analytical skills, and proven experience in developing and facilitating the use of data visualization and digitalization, including infographics, motion graphics, dashboards, scorecards, factsheets, etc.
- Ability to work with relevant government partners, USAID, other Donors, and implementing partners.
- Good verbal, listening, writing, social media and interpersonal skills essential for effective interaction among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities.
- Experience with GIS analysis and use is desirable
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 10th June, 2019.