Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 70 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Location: Ngala, Borno
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensure the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material.
- Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team.
- Ensure al MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
- Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility
- Medical Doctor Diploma, Desirable Diploma in Tropical Medicine
- 2 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training)
- Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV, Motivation Letter, and Credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the subject as “Medical Doctor-Ngala”
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID.
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
Application Deadline 22nd May, 2019.