MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: OSP Planning and Design Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
The OSP Planning and Design Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Analyse current challenges, visualize future, compare alternatives, and describes implications to make knowledgeable choices in the planning of low-level infrastructure design.
- Determine infrastructure requirements taking into consideration topology of the area.
- Attend various meetings with management, various departments, vendors, government officials to ensure company objectives are meet.
- Participate in inter-departmental planning meetings to coordinate and communicate activities related to the successful completion of projects
- Define specifications of the different network elements (such as manholes, cabinets, joint boxes, splice locations) to meet industry requirements and company objectives.
- Advise and researches new technologies and identifies areas of the company build that requires upgrade.
- Work with road constructors, residential developers and builders to determine installation requirements as well as placement of fibre cables and splitter cabinets.
- Prepare work authorisation request with drawings for securing approval for responsible authorities.
- Analyse the As-built documents to ensure all build are as par design before filing the final document.
- Plan, design and prepare detailed drawings for optics fibre deployment.
- Prepare detailed construction and installation drawings, while also estimating equipment, labour and material costs.
- Develop Bills of Quantity and materials for fibre deployment.
- Analyse site survey to gain in-depth knowledge of topography, social factors, and ensuring accurate measurements are taken in order to output proper design and plan for the fibre deployment.
- Liaise with both vendors and internal teams to ensure plan are effectively executed as par approved specifications.
- Maintain and keep updated network diagrams that would aid rebuild/expansion projects as well as the operations.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date facility CAD maps.
- Direct construction work activities to ensure conformance with engineering specifications.
- Analyse all infrastructure and network plan and make judgments on cost and associated risk of implementing the plan.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- B.Sc (or equivalent) in Telecommunications related field.
- Experience in the use of GIS Tools and Software.
- Years of Experience: 3-5 years
- Significant work experience in optical fiber networks design, GPON and DWDM technologies.
- Experience with researching, investigating, evaluating, and qualifying potential new equipment for network deployment.
- Knowledge of fiber optic transmission and transmission systems, and electrical cabling and transmission systems.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to evaluate and articulate the cost trade-offs associated with various network and circuit implementations.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Outlook.
- Ability to engage with and communicate with vendors, service providers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Ownership and initiatives
- Good troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
Demand on the Job:
- Full dedication
- Work may require working extra hours and weekends
- Frequent travel required to project areas and job sites as follow and ensure compliance to specifications.
- Visitation to project locations to confirm vendors’ compliance to specifications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply