The Lagoon School is the first project of the Nigerian Association for Women`s Advancement (NAWA), a not-for-profit and non-governmental educational and social trust dedicated to investing in the girl child for the good of the society. The Lagoon School started as a secondary school open only to girls on 15th September, 1995 with only fifty students. It was situated at number 75 Adisa Bashua Street in Surulere, Lagos. We moved to our permanent site in Lekki in April, 2001, with four hundred and nineteen students. Right now, The Lagoon Secondary School has six hundred and thirty two students.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Female ICT Officer
To support learning by:
- Playing a key role in the strategic leadership of ICT throughout the school.
- Developing and implementing a shared vision with other school leaders as to how ICT resources can enhance both teaching and learning and management activities
- Managing the school’s ICT systems, services and resources and ensure the integrity of all school data.
- Keeping up to date with changes in technology and how these technologies might be used to support learning.
- Main Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Management:
- To provide strategic advice on the management of ICT across the school and ensuring that structures and resources meet the school’s curriculum and administration needs.
- Liaise with third party suppliers in relation to fault diagnosis and rectification of IT systems. Monitor the performance of suppliers and contractors who offer support or delivery of IT systems to the school
- To develop, implement and maintain the school’s ICT policy and procedures.
- To manage the ICT Maintenance and Consumables Budgets, identifying budget requirements in relation to ICT needs of the school.
- To be the lead person responsible for the procurement of all ICT hardware and software for the school, ensuring compliance with the School’s Financial Regulations so as to ensure the best possible price is obtained and best value principles are applied.
- To find ways of reducing the amount of spent on ICT consumables.
Systems and Services:
- To ensure the regular & systematic backup of data and recovery of systems data.
- To ensure that the school’s computer networks are secure and protected.
- To investigate reported faults, maintain records of faults and the undertaking of minor repair work where appropriate or operate agreed procedures should third party repair be required
- To liaise with staff, hardware and software suppliers and support engineers.
- In conjunction with the MIS Data Manager ensure that the creation, modification and deletion of users, groups and rights assignment across the school’s ICT systems is carried out efficiently.
- To assist in the development of the school’s managed learning environment, intranet and website, ensuring information is updated effectively and overseeing the technical management of these systems.
- To manage all ICT maintenance contracts to ensure the highest provision of service and the supervision of external contracts on site.
- To manage the maintenance and installation of all interactive whiteboard systems within the school and associated hardware and services (including, but not limited to Data Projectors and Interactive TV Displays)
- To ensure that the school’s hardware and software comply with relevant legislation and regulations
- To ensure the operating systems installed are protected and up to date through the use of suitable anti-virus software and operating system patches
- To provide training and support in the effective use of relevant hardware and software in use within the school
- To manage, develop and document the curriculum and administrative ICT systems within the school: servers, hardware, operating systems, network infrastructure and software applications
- To have knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety, software; licensing, data protection and other legislation that relates to ICT.
- To test and evaluate new ICT systems (software and hardware).
- To co-ordinate the configuration of new and existing hardware and software. To install and debug new and/or upgraded software on servers
- Conduct growth analysis and capacity planning, and develop capita and operating budget proposals.
- To co-ordinate the regular and systematic routine maintenance of servers, workstations and network infrastructure so as to maximize their life expectancy, functionality, security and ensure Health and Safety standards are met.
- To work closely with the school leaders in developing an ‘E-Strategy’ for on-line curriculum and assessment resources: a personalised learning environment for students and a personalised teaching and learning environment for school staff.
- To draw up plans and specifications for the purchase of computing equipment and software and to design and specify what is practically possible and affordable within the school’s current and future ICT development plans, ensuring best value.
- To ensure that all ICT assets are appropriately recorded and accounted for on the assetregister including software licences and all tangible assets are security marked.
- To oversee the loan of ICT equipment to staff and students.
- To maintain the schools Asset Management Register.
- Maintain up to date documentation of all systems, services and operating environments.
External liaison and Work scheduling:
- Negotiate and liaise with external agencies for works relating to ICT, ensuring technical specifications are compiled
- Manage and direct actions and work of suppliers relating to ICT and/or associated works inside and outside warranty periods.
- In conjunction with SLT, sensitively and logically schedule all ICT associated work to ensure minimum disruption to network services.
- Ensuring the work of all external providers is carried out to an agreed high standard.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, equal opportunities, behaviour for learning, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
- There is an expectation to attend all key school events out of hours as detailed in the school calendar e.g. Open Evenings, all Faculty and Staff Meetings and relevant twilight Inset sessions.
- To keep abreast of wider ICT developments which may impact on the teaching, learning and administration of the school and advise SLT accordingly
- To attend SLT meetings as appropriate to discuss and advise on strategic ICT issues.
- To use the student voice to gain feedback and opinions regarding ICT issues
- To undertake any other duties, as required, commensurate with the grading of the post.
- To be flexible and work according to needs which may involve assisting other areas which are commensurate with the grading of the post.
- Only female applicants may be considered.
- Minimum of a first degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related course. Other network related certifications or specialization will be of added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in ICT Support/Administration.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 30th June, 2019.