Baobab Micro Finance Bank formerly known as Microcred Micro finance bank is a leading digital financial inclusion group and more focusing on serving individuals, micro and small business in Africa and China.
We allow you unleash your potential with target to become the first digital microfinance bank in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, SME Banking
Reporting to: CEO
- The successful candidate will be responsible for setting the strategic agenda for SME Banking Department through balance sheet growth, Customer Acquisition, Customer retention, profit &loss targets in order to support achievement of overall business strategy; in a cost effective and high return manner.
- The job holder will be involved in product development oversight aimed at sustaining the Bank’s competitive position within SME businesses. Coverage will be strictly loans and advances.
- Ensure strong cross- selling of existing and new SME loan products to existing and new clients; and in this process, maintain effective liaison with all relevant business units in the Bank.
- Champion the delivery of consistent, seamless and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
- Facilitate training programs to enhance product knowledge to the Retail Banking teams, branch staff and sales teams on SME Banking Products.
- Maintains a detailed and current understanding of the industry; (at SME Banking, current market structures; regulatory requirements and issues) to ensure that opportunities are realized and the risks mitigated.
- Ensure timely submission of quality credit proposals in conformity with the Credit Policy guidelines and requirements whilst maintaining the quality of the SME portfolio within the stipulated NonPerforming Loans (NPL) and Portfolio at Risk (PAR) parameters.
- Ensure compliance to the Bank’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Lead, motivate, and continuously develop a credible high performing SME team.
- The Chief mission is to drive SME credit (Loans & Advances) ranging from 4 million to 50 million Nigeria Naira across Nigeria
- Develop and lead the implementation of the SME Segment strategy in line with the overall Retail Banking Strategy; to ensure achievement of profitability targets through revenue maximization and prudent cost management.
- Drive sustainable growth and acquisition of new customers for the SME Banking through the creation, development and maintenance of high quality advisory relationships.
- To build and maintain productive and strategic relations with customers / suppliers / line manager /stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the SME Segment.
- To drive customer-led propositions for the SME Banking Segment by developing a pipeline of value adding customer solutions to include customer experience, products, and service offers.
Qualification, Experience & Skills
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competencies in championing high performance management.
- Membership of a Marketing professional body will be desirable.
- A good understanding of risk, credit policies and procedures.
- Excellent planning, Organisation, problem solving and analytical skills.
- University Degree in a Business related field.
- An advanced degree will be an added advantage.
- Professional Product Development or Project Management Qualification.
- Minimum 8 years general banking experience with at least 5 years’ experience in SME Sector 3 years of which must have been in a leadership position.
- Must have hands on experience in Credit Analysis & Administration, Sales, Relationship Management, Customer Service, commercial and product development functions of a commercial bank at managerial level.
- Demonstrated consistent high performance in role(s) held in the last three years.
- A thorough knowledge of Small Medium Enterprise (SME) Products, Retail Banking products and services, and extensive Banking Industry knowledge.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter with the Job title as subject of application, showing how you meet the role requirements stated above to: [email protected] or [email protected]
Application Deadline 25th June, 2019
Note: Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!