The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) supports citizens’ rights to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 145 countries – from developing democracies, to mature democracies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender and Inclusion Specialist
- Design and conduct assessments of national legal framework as well as internal policies, practices and initiatives of national election management bodies (EMBs) to assess their impact on the participation of men and women in electoral processes;
- Assist INEC and targeted SIECs in the design and implementation of policies and procedures that increase the participation of women in elections and within the Commissions;
- Advise and work closely with the Gender Division of INEC to provide technical support for reforms, initiatives and programs undertaken by the Commission;
- Advise and support the planning and implementation of gender capacity development activities for INEC staff in headquarters and state offices;
- Advise INEC on international best practices to reflect gender equity principles and practices pertaining to electoral management;
- Provide advice and support to INEC’s civic and voter education strategies to increase women’s participation pertaining to electoral management;
- Support the COP and program team with designing and implementing program activities aimed at enhancing INEC’s capacity to implement gender-sensitive policies and practices to increase women’s participation in electoral processes;
- Mentor and advise program team on gender mainstreaming in the electoral process;
- Provide input into monitoring and evaluation plan and assist with monitoring to ensure that the program impacts are accurately and adequately measured, especially with regards to activities’ impacts on men and women;
- Assist INEC to develop elections security strategies that strengthen peaceful elections;
- Assist INEC in designing and implementing strategies that would enable participation and inclusion of persons with disability in the electoral process;
- Work with INEC Civil Society Division in engaging Youth and CSOs on their role in enhancing credible elections;
- Assist in designing and implementing capacity building strategies to enhance Election Petition
- Tribunal, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Elections and Party Monitoring, and Political Party Finance;
- Contribute to the development of program reporting on gender, related areas of programming and any other duties assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science or related field (Master’s Degree preferred).
- Minimum of 8 years’; experience in gender analysis and programming, with a background in human rights and a rights-based approach to development.
- Demonstrated experience working on projects promoting women's participation in governance and elections in Nigeria.
- Familiarity with USAID and other donor gender policies.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Highest consideration will be given to applicants who demonstrate strong and proven track record with democracy and governance work.
Job Title: Finance Assistant
- Provide Assistance with banking transactions;
- Assists Finance Officer in preparing monthly financial reports.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets.
- Assists in the preparation of Field office Wire Transfer Request (WTR) ready to be submitted to IFES HQ.
- Assists on the preparation of Bank & Accounts reconciliation.
- Assists on the preparation of payment vouchers.
- Keep track on all advances and assist clearing process of Travel & Sub Recipient advances. Review Travel Expense reports and reconcile Sub Recipient advances other.
- Reconcile and keep track on accruals for vacation and severance,
- Reconcile and keep track withholding taxes records and assist on the preparation of payment vouchers.
- Provide support to Subgrantees and review Subgrantees financial reports to ensure compliance with terms and condition of the award.
- Perform other duties as assigned by DoFA, Finance Officer and/or Chief of Party
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Financial Management or any related field
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in the financial management and/or accounting field.
- Demonstrated financial management and accounting skill
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and being able to meet deadlines.
- Experience with USAID and other donor financial management, reporting requirements, sub-grants procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and Accounting Software, specifically QuickBooks is an added advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Job Title: IT Officer
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming helpdesk ticket, telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in- person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Interview users to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to IT-HQ.
- Create and maintain documentation of support activities and providing status updates to customers; Provide effective incident and problem resolution using automated systems and processes.
- Analyze and evaluate incident reports and make recommendations to reduce help line incident rate.
- Communicate with vendors to resolve technical problems with desktop computing software and hardware.
- Test software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid staff in performing work.
- Train other staff on software and hardware.
- Perform administrative functions on Windows servers in conjunction with the Senior Network Engineer. This will include server upgrades and solving issues related to AD, SMS, Print Services, and other applications that use Windows Server. Work with HQ to deploy new technologies and assist in training of local personnel.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc/BEng Computer Science/Engineering or minimum of 5 years relevant field experience with reputable organizations or international NGOs.
Job Title: Program Assistant
- Assist Country Director and the program team in implementing project activities;
- Help monitor the organization’s program implementation;
- Assist in conducting training of trainers;
- Contribute to lessons learned sessions for outreach teams and other partners;
- Contribute to the design and preparation of training materials;
- Assist Country Director and the program team in organizing program activities, including assessments and workshops;
- Assist in scheduling program meetings with partners and drafting of report of such meetings;
- Advice Country Director or designee on political/electoral developments and provide recommendations on matters related to the project goals;
- Provide support to international and local consultants;
- Assist in the collection and analysis of data for monitoring and evaluation of activities;
- Draft program reports including field trip reports, weekly reports, quarterly reports and other program reports and work plan;
- Take of minutes of program meetings and serve as rapporteur for program events;
- Maintain detailed records of program activities and files on IFES database and cabinet;
- Proper tracking and documentation of political and election related activities in the media;
- Provide input on the design and formulation of new program activities;
- Travel outside of Abuja for project activities as required;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the Social Sciences, international Relations; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in international development with at least 2 in elections, democracy and governance projects.
- Experience in designing, developing, implementing and evaluating workshop/training.
- Experience working on USAID, DFID and other donor funded projects
- Experience in project management and training is highly required.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and writing) and presentation skills
- The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability to complete tasks with limited supervision
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Conduct himself/herself with integrity and function ethically
- Report to Project manager and work with other program coordinators
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their typed written application, current Resume, copies of certificates and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as subject of the email.
Application Deadline 18th June, 2019.