The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Data Auditor
Division: Trading Business Division
Department: Market Services Department
Report to: Acting Head – Market Services
Grade: Assistant Officer – Assistant Manager
Estimated Date Of Resumption: Monday, July 22, 2019
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange (The Exchange) serves the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
- The Market Data Auditor will be responsible for the execution of market data audits spanning The Exchange’s diverse customer base to ensure market data policies are being adhered to.
- The incumbent will also ensure The Exchange’s market data is used in accordance with existing vendor and customer agreements.
- Coordinates the implementation of audit programs to ascertain and report on the degree of compliance with The Exchange’s approved market data policies and guidelines
- Produces accurate and detailed audit analysis including discussion of deficiencies and recommendation of corrective actions
- Advise on policy changes based on audit findings
- Plans and conclude audits to ensure that individual and team targets are met
- Initiates and co-ordinates cease and desist cases alongside the Legal Department of the Exchange
- Communicates Market Data Commercials to auditees and ensures that clients are billed accordingly
- Implements audit strategies and action plans to encourage a culture of transparency and accountability among the Exchange’s clientele
- Conducts market data audits using best practice guidelines to identify discrepancies in end user entitlement and reporting processes
- Assesses the design and operating effectiveness of established audit policies, processes and procedures, and communicates identified gaps to management with appropriate improvement suggestions
- Ensures that internal stakeholder’s use of market data is compliant with the vendor agreements
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics or a related field with at least 3 -5 years’ industry experience
- Professional membership /certification of Institute of Chartered Accountant Nigeria (ICAN)/ Chartered Institute of Stock Brokers ( CIS)/Information Technology Infrastructure Library(ITIL)
- Strong working knowledge of conducting both onsite and remote audits
- Experience in a financial services sector or capital market highly is desirable
- Experience in vendor and third party application providers’ products and Market Data Systems management.
- Analytical Thinking
- Ethics Knowledge
- Information Security
- Project Management
- Audit Reporting
- Business Acumen
- Contract Management and Administration
- Attention to Detail
- Effective Communication Skills (Written & Oral)
- High Business Acumen
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 13th June, 2019.