The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Specialist, Equities Markets
Division: Trading Business Division
Department: : Secondary Market Department
Report to: Head – Secondary Markets Department
Grade: Officer – Assistant Manager
Estimated Date of Resumption: 5 August, 2019
- The Product Specialist, Equities Market will support all functions pertaining to the equities product line with the overall goal of ensuring that Equities products are appropriately priced, positioned, promoted, and supported in a way that will increase order flow as measured by number of transactions, trading volume and value in line with the overall goals of the product management department. S/he is expected to stay abreast of the competitive landscape and industry trends (utilizing internal and external data/information resources) to support the creation of a competitive platform that enables stakeholders realize their investment objectives.
- S/he will support the drive of the Equities Marketing Making Programme, as well as Securities Lending and Short Selling initiatives of the Exchange. The candidate will ensure the success of these programmes by working with all stakeholders (both internal and external). The position is situated Nigeria, but with a global focus to cover both local and international buy and sell side participants.
- Assist to coordinate and operate investor education in partnership with other stakeholders on E based products
- Work with Product Managers in developing business plans to achieve company revenue goals
- Analyse competitive marketplace and industry trends to accordingly develop business strategies for revenue generation
- Obtain customer/client feedback and suggest appropriate product revisions
- Recommend product enhancements and updates to identify new business opportunities
- Work with business team to identify new customers and to retain existing customers
- Maintain complete documentations for all product related activities
- Support the Product Manager to enhance the market micro-structure (in areas such as transaction fees, market making, securities lending and short selling, and market quality) to increase product profitability. Assist to catalyze the adoption of global best practices in sales practice, Equities order handling, trade execution, trade reporting, and other initiatives that will enhance the client experience when interacting in the Nigerian securities market
- Work with the Market Operations and Technology Division to ensure system compatibility with market structure enhancements in support of the Equities product line. Support market participants to increase market liquidity in equities and consider questions such as appropriateness of algorithmic trading in the Nigerian market, length of trading hours, stock circuit breakers, best execution statistic, Opening and Closing auctions, etc. Assist the Product Manager in the review and amendment of trading rules as necessary, to promote fair and orderly trading in equities
- Relationship management with broker-dealers, market makers, Institutional Investors and other trading participants both locally and internationally
- Serve as a proactive resource to other areas of the organization in order to educate and train them on product attributes and new initiatives
Qualifications And Experience
- A first degree in Finance or business related areas
- A post graduate degree (MSc or MBA) or professional certification and licenses (eg CIS, CFA, Finra series 7 and 24) will be an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial services industry or in an investment product management/marketing role, distribution-related role.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 3rd July, 2019.