INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reception Center Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno
Reporting to: Reception Manager
- Reception Center Officer is responsible to assist the Reception Center Manager in the implementation of the project activities
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Organize the daily and weekly schedule of Social Workers, under supervision of Reception Center Manager
- Under supervision of Reception Manager organize the reception of new arrivals
- Ensure maintenance and functioning of the Reception Center facilities
- Conduct monitoring visits in Reception Center all in order to assess needs
- Organize social mobilization and awareness session in Reception Center
- Supervise the Referral of vulnerable individuals to specialize services according to their needs
- Produce weekly and monthly data to be shared with Reception Center Manager
- Represent INTERSOS in coordination meeting, if necessary
- Support the Reception Center Manager in the organization of internal and external coordination
Qualifications and Skills
- B.Sc in Social Science or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 year of experience in humanitarian work
- Minimum 2 year of experience in CCCM/Protection (Desirable)
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Good Knowledge of IDP context in Nigeria
- Knowledge of CCCM standards
- Experience is staff management
- Cultural sensitiveness
- Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri, Shuwa Arab and Hausa Languages
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills and excellence as a team player
- Must possess the ability to learn with speed and ease.
- Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills
- Honesty and integrity and being able to cope with stressful situations.
- Strong listening and empathy skills, as well as commitment to supporting women and children survivors/ at risk;
- Ability and motivation to work well with local authorities, local leaders and local community;
- Computer literate (MS Excel, MS Word, Kobo)
- Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th June, 2019
Job Title: Head of Base (HoB)
Location: Maiduguri with missions on the coordination office in Abuja and on the field bases
Starting Date: 24/06/2019
Contract Duration: 12 months
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: 10 International staff
General Context of the Project
Since 2009, the Boko Haram insurgency has crippled north eastern Nigeria. Borno State continues to be most affected, with over 1.7 million internally displaced persons (IDPs). Recent advances by the Nigerian Army and the Multinational Joint Task Force have improved humanitarian access in 24 of the 27 Local Government Areas (LGAs) in Borno. In areas recently retaken by the Government vulnerable host populations are in critical need of humanitarian interventions. In support to the UN-led coordinated humanitarian response in the region, INTERSOS is implementing more projects addressing critical gaps in health and nutrition, WASH, food security, shelter, Camp Coordination and Camp Management and protection services for a highly vulnerable population in the newly accessible LGA of Maiduguri, Magumeri, Ngala, Bama, Jere, Mobbar and Dikwa.
General Purpose of the Position
- The HoB Nigeria will oversee the Operations, Administrative, HR and Logistics units in Borno state, including Maiduguri, Magumeri, Ngala, Bama, Jere, Mobbar and Dikwa, ensuring operations quality, strategic programming and planning, ensuring strategic growth and strong external and internal representation and advocacy. S/he must be able to motivate and lead a diverse staff as well as effectively oversee operations, programs, budgets and partnerships.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
Program and operations:
- Participate in the development and updating of the country strategy by providing information from the field.
- Ensure a constant analysis of humanitarian context in his/her area of responsibility
- Oversee the logistics, procurement, administration and HR operations in Borno State, aiming at improving the operations systems and processes.
- Manage accountability of Admin and Operations actions in Maiduguri base
- Support project field staff in Borno State in the optimal and efficient implementation of the projects.
- Coordinate and supervise the implementation of ongoing projects.
- Ensure overall consistency in the implementation of programs in every intervention sites.
- Coordinate the development of new projects proposal in collaboration with technical referents, key staff and the Head of Mission.
- Guarantee a good synergy between technical and support teams at field level and between the various implementation locations.
- Ensure implementation of recommendations from internal audits, departmental field visits and field assessments.
- Play a facilitator role between field offices/operation and Coordination office.
- Keep the Coordination informed of program progresses, obstacles and delivery.
- Manage the follow-up of recommendations from the technical and support departments.
- Coordinate reporting activities at field level in accordance with the requirements of donors and the headquarter.
- Coordinate the capitalization of information/operation to provide evidence to carry out advocacy activities.
- Supervise and manage the team members under his direct responsibility, ensuring their coaching and regular evaluations.
- Ensure a good level of communication between the areas of intervention.
- Facilitate and promote the smooth flow of information.
- Ensure that field teams make clear requests for support to coordination teams to maximize operational effectiveness and program effectiveness and quality.
- Support the Head of Mission on the promotion of accountability and commitment to INTERSOS charter and prevention on abuse of power.
- Coordinate and oversee all INTERSOS partnerships In Borno State.
- Participate in humanitarian coordination activities.
- If necessary, implement at local level the strategy and advocacy activities defined for the mission.
- Maintain an effective network with stakeholders at local level about security aspects, collect and analyze information to establish risk and context analysis and do the follow up of the teams.
- Support the Head of Mission in the production of internal security regulations and ensure their application
- Manage, on a daily basis, any security incident or deterioration of the security environment by reporting to the Head of Mission
Coordination with support functions:
- Manage financial, logistics and HR activities by monitoring and analyzing indicators.
- Ensure compliance with financial, logistic and HR procedures within the various Borno State Offices
- Anticipate the financial, logistic and HR needs at Borno State level and communicate these needs to the Coordination using appropriate tools and in compliance with the planned deadlines.
- Ensure the performance of the supply chain and logistic aspects.
- Ensure the implementation of the HR policy and the management of human resources according to established procedures.
- Relevant Degree and/or equivalent management working experience
- Relevant working experience of at least 3 years and previous Humanitarian experience.
- Strategic vision, leadership, people management, teamwork and flexibility,
- Ability to work under pressure in a highly complex emergency context
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Excellent ability to establish interpersonal relations and good negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Fully proficient in written and spoken English
- Ability to deal with stress and demanding working environment.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Application Deadline 4th July, 2019.