Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to to fill the position below:
Job Title: Enumerator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration :1 Week
- To determine knowledge, attitude and practice (KAP) of basic PHC, IYCF, SRH/GBV and MHPSS in targeted locations of Borno State that will serve as an end line for its OFDA 1 project activities as well as an baseline for its activity planning and reference for OFDA 2 project.
The specific objectives of this survey are:
- To determine the status of PHC, IYCF SRH/GBVC and MHPSS practices in each targeted community of interventions in order to provide end line for its OFDA 1 project performance as well as to serve as benchmarks for its OFDA 2 project for detecting changes in IYCF behaviors.
- To collect information about potential determinants of IYCF practices such as demographic characteristics, IYCF-related knowledge, beliefs and behaviors.
Role of the Enumerator
The enumerators will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Comply with quality and research ethics during and field works (this includes data protection and information confidentiality of respondents or target project participants)
- Participate in a less than or half day debrief sessions to share field experiences about the community and entire data collection process
- Enumerators are expected to be respectful of the community and community leadership and membership at all times.
- Responsible for collecting high quality data, entering data and any other responsibilities. Data collection process will include interviews, focus group discussions (FDGs) using an electronic data collection tool designed by Medecins du Monde.
- Transcribe and code data from qualitative researches
- Identify and report any issues that may arise while attempting to obtain valid data
- Interpret interview questions to assist respondents in understanding them and providing eloquent answers
- Double check information on survey forms or information pads to ensure the accuracy of information
- Engage in data entry in cases where paper base options are used
Qualifications and Requirements
- Enumerator should have a minimum of an NCE/Diploma
- The enumerator should have basic ICT skills
- Enumerator should have basic assessment skills in data collection, preferably in mobile data collection
- Enumerator must be able to read, write
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV in one single attachment via email to: [email protected] using the “Job Title and Location” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 26th June, 2019.