The Cinema Exhibitors Association of Nigeria (CEAN) is an association of cinema owners, operators and managers incorporated by the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria on February 13, 2018. CEAN (for short) represents its members on issues of common interest that may confront them from time to time. Issues not limited to, Film licensing/Classification/Censorship fees, Taxation, Government Relations, Cinema Education and Piracy which affect the cinema business and the industry as a whole.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Core purpose of the Job
- As the Operations Manager, you are responsible for the planning and execution of all operational aspects and the day to day control of the Association regarding the Cinemas industry to meet goals, aims and objectives, mission, vision and standards set up by the Association across the Country.
- The Operations Manager (OPM) is to manage the entire Association’s activities within the industry, reach out to newly opened Cinemas and serve as a point of contact between the Cinemas, the regulatory agencies, Association and other affiliating body.
The duties of the Operations Manager (OPM) includes but not limited to the following:
- Source vendors and service providers for general and specific work related activities.
- Assist to plan annual budget with the financial secretary
- Follow up on deliverables from each executive member on tasks concluded and awarded for action.
- Create content for social, print and graphics media for the association with the executive secretary and Consultant to the Association.
- Carry out other activities as instructed by the Executive Members
- Plan and execute general monthly meetings and other scheduled meetings as need be
- Serve as a primary contact for all queries regarding the Association and onboarding of new members into the association.
- Draft, approve and send out Memo’s, official notices, letters and any form of communication to members and 3rd Party as the case maybe
- Collate, file member’s documents, information and records in soft and hard files for reference purposes.
- Prepare and Update the list of registered Cinemas in Nigeria.
- Send out reminders and follow up on dues, registration fees and all monies accrued to the Association.
- Assist the Chairman in officially related activities as it concerns the Association.
Academic and Professional
- First Degree in Business Administration, Humanities or Social Sciences, an MBA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 Years’ Experience In a similar role.
Job Specific Competencies (Skills/ Knowledge/ Attributes)
- Result Orientation / Strategic Thinking Skills:
- Ability to understand, interpret and deliver on tasks
- Oral and written communications
- Ability to establish effective professional relationships with Members
- Entrepreneurial and Numerical Competence
- Business Consulting and Development
- Competency Management
- Complaint & Conflict Management (Emergency/ Crisis Management)
- Information Management
- Learning and Self Development
- Planning and Organizing
- Attention to Detail
- Business Performance Management
- Business Process Design and Re-engineering
- Must be very creative
- Knowledge of Cinema Operations is an added advantage
- Strong networking skills
- Presentation skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of technology in relation to market needs.
- Excellent research abilities
- Public Relations Management
- Attitude: Must be Friendly, honest, transparent and diligent in all dealings.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 21st July, 2019.
Note: Multiple applications will be automatically disregarded.