Smart Partners Consulting Limited is a leading indigenous HR Consulting Firm in Nigeria located in Lagos with services offered in Recruitment, Outsourcing, Training and HR Consulting. We are a growing firm providing services to top leading companies across the Oil & Gas, IT, Banking Industries and many others using our world class recruiting process with vibrant, talented and passionate team.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tailor
- Maintain garment drape and proportions as alterations are performed.
- Make garment style changes, such as tapering pant legs, narrowing lapels, and adding or removing padding.
- Examine tags on garments to determine alterations that are needed.
- Measure customers, using tape measures, and record measurements.
- Sew buttonholes and attach buttons in order to finish garments.
- Sew garments, using needles and thread or sewing machines.
- Take up or let down hems to shorten or lengthen garment parts such as sleeves.
- Remove stitches from garments to be altered, using rippers or razor blades.
- Assemble garment parts and join parts with basting stitches, using needles and thread or sewing machines.
- Confer with customers to determine types of material and garment styles desired.
- Position patterns of garment parts on fabric, and cut fabric along outlines, using scissors.
- Put in padding and shaping materials.
- Repair or replace defective garment parts such as pockets, zippers, snaps, buttons, and linings.
- Trim excess material, using scissors.
- Estimate how much a garment will cost to make, based on factors such as time and material requirements.
- Develop, copy, or adapt designs for garments, and design patterns to fit measurements, applying knowledge of garment design, construction, styling, and fabric.
- Fit, alter, repair, and make madetomeasure clothing, according to customers’ and clothing manufacturers’ specifications and fit, and applying principles of garment design, construction, and styling.
- Fit and study garments on customers to determine required alterations.
- Let out or take in seams in suits and other garments to improve fit.
- We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a “passion for perfection” and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV in MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the Job Title as the Subject of mail.