First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Business Manager, Commercial Banking
Ref Id: 1900004Y
Locations: (Ajah, Marina, Apapa, Magodo) Lagos and (Agbara, Ota) Ogun
Job: FBN GEN. Job Family
Organization: DMD Directorate
Job Type: Full-time
Grade Range – From : Assistant Manager Grade Range – To : Manager
- Structuring of deals and relating with co-lenders in syndication arrangements.
- Work closely with other departments of the Bank to ensure reduced turnaround time in service rendition.
- Periodically review and evaluate performance of the team and ensure corrective actions to achieve Group’s strategy and annual plans
- Responsible for driving of trade related transactions for the bank (Fx business)
- As part of the Bank’s Information Security requirements, maintain the security of all Information entrusted to the staff and comply with the principles and policies in the Information Security Handbook.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction in the execution of the team’s functions and activities
- Optimally manage and deepen relationships with new and existing customers in target market.
- Develop marketing strategies for the team and make appropriate recommendations to the Group Head
- Coordinate the overall marketing activities of the Relationship Managers (RMs) within the team; team and ensure significant increase in market share of new and existing customers
- Deliberate growth of the team’s trade transaction volumes: Form M / Letters of Credit / Bills for Collection etc.
- Develop budgets and goals for the team and ensure budgets are met and manage resources for profitability.
- Minimize risks within the team
- Identify new business opportunities and formulate strategies for retaining and winning new accounts
- Minimum Education: First Degree or its equivalent in any discipline preferably business related.
- Minimum experience: 9 years relevant experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply