Mshades (MelieShades) is the first indigenous manufacturer of roller shades in Nigeria, our shades are professionally produced with the most modern technology and expertise comparable to our peers in the industry globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Truck Driver
- Mshades is looking to hire an experienced truck driver to serve our supply chain logistics department in a safe and timely manner.
- He or she would handle transporting finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers, inspecting vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance, planning routes and meeting delivery schedules
- Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometres spent driving
- Retain fuel/toll receipts
- Input “macros” into our automated system for each stage of the loading and unloading process
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Must possess valid driver’s license and Lagos driver’s license
- Proven work experience as a truck driver
- Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB etc.)
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent moving or driving violations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc.)
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations from previous employer.
- Must have good knowledge of Lagos roads
- Must be able to read and write
Job Title: Factory Manager
- We are looking to hire a Factory Manager to oversee the workers and the equipment they operate on the factory floor, take responsibility for contributing to and carrying out production strategy decisions.
- He/She must have a wealth of experience working with equipment on the factory floor while ensuring workers are operating at maximum efficiency.
- Plan production activities, production meetings, machine maintaining schedules, worker schedules, budget maintenance schedules and quality of products.
- Monitor and control all the features associated with a particular plant department.
- Ensure all safety measures are followed and workers always abide by the safety rules associated with the industry.
- Manage quality related issues and where there are defects, find out the reason and ensure that it is not repeated.
- Collaborate and meet with other managers.
- Liaise with the financial department.
- Ensure that receiving and shipping schedules are followed accurately.
- Attend the scheduled corporate meetings and training.
- Conduct performance reviews of employees.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
- Well organized and possess good leadership skills.
- B.Sc. in Industrial Management, Production Management and a management certification or certification in a technical related field
- Experience in manufacturing and production is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of industry background policies guiding health, safety and environmental standards.
- Ability to be a groom and be part of a fast-paced team i.e. must be team player.
Job Title: Production Technician
- Mshades is looking to hire a passionate and experienced Production technician who is responsible for assembling, testing, and adjusting manufacturing equipment, in line with electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic or computer technologies; someone who will ensure the quality and functionality of manufactured goods before they are implemented for internal use or marketed to the general public.
The ideal candidate will do the following:
- Test functionality of products.
- Monitor and fine-tune production processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
- Set up and operate production equipment in accordance with current manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures.
- Assist engineers in developing, building, testing prototypes or new products, processes, or procedures.
- Come up with ideas packaging for finished products.
- Calibrate or adjust equipment to ensure quality production, using tools such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges, protractors, or ring gauges.
- Scrutinize finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications.
- Prepare production documents, such as standard operating procedures, manufacturing batch records, inventory reports, or productivity reports.
- Prepare and provide reports on the progression of products.
- Set up and verify the functionality of safety equipment.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety, and environmental compliance.
- Install new equipment.
- Provide advice or training to other technicians.
- Conduct environmental safety inspections in accordance with standard protocols to ensure production activities comply with environmental regulations or standards.
- Transfer hazardous or non-hazardous waste materials to collection areas for disposal, recycling, or reuse.
- Strong Leadership and problem-solving skills
- ND or HND in Production Management, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Electronics with 5 five years experience in the manufacturing industry
- Meticulous with exceptional communication skills
- Proven experience in the installation and fixing of modern production equipment.
- In-depth knowledge of industry background policies guiding health, safety, and environmental standards
- Ability to be a groom and be part of a fast-paced team.
- Ability to provide guidance towards the production of a substantial product.
- Must be a team player
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 7th August, 2019.