The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Supervisor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Report to: Logistics Coordinator
Contract Duration: 6 months
- Install and maintain systems and communications’ software and hardware according to ALIMA standards and policies, and support users, in order to ensure the efficient use of ITC systems and equipment in the mission.
- Assets management of the ALIMA Asset at the mission level in close collaboration with logistics Manager in the Project office and Logistics Coordinator in Coordination.
Function & Responsibilities
- Provide a 1st and 2nd level help desk management system (support) and training to users (on software, hardware, telecom problems, etc.) in order to satisfy their needs, ensure fluent communications in the mission as well as the correct use, maintenance and running of IT equipment and networks.
- Provide corrective and preventive maintenance activities (checkup, cleaning, etc.), managing and updating a small stock of spare parts and replacing obsolete materials when necessary, of ICT environments, telecom and hardware equipment, according to ALIMA policies and procedures in place at any time.
- Ensure updating and upgrading activities in order to ensure that all the users and their equipment on the network are standardized with respect to virus protection, software, hardware and network configuration.
- Ensure questions and problems related to ITC are solved (if appropriate, according to ALIMA policies and procedures in force at any time). Register, reports and refer unsolved questions and problems, as well as unusual requests, to the respective support units in order to actively provide solutions and ensure quality standards.
- Responsible for all Assets management, Tracking, Tagging, at the mission level in Close Coordination with Logistics Manager in the field and with technical support from Logistics Coordinator at coordination level.
- Responsible for monthly updating Assets lists by keeping a close coordination with Logistic manager in case any asset is purchase at the field level and recording in the asset list.
- Maintaining all inventory record as per ALIMA Policy at coordination level and ensuring the same with logistics manager in the project office.
- Responsible for Keep records of assets transfers, asset lone certificate, assets identification Cards at the mission level, support by logistics team from the field.
- Execute security management protocols (backups, anti-malware updates and software patching; firewall protection; radio protection, etc.) in order to ensure an immediate operational recovery/continuity in case of emergency and data security & availability.
- Train and supervise local IT assistants, on daily maintenance tasks and 1st level support, and radio operators in order to improve ICT staff capabilities and to improve lead time response.
- Together with the Logistics Coordinator, analyze the ICT needs of the mission, draw up a draft of the ICT budget, and design an adapted strategy aiming to optimize the investment on information and communication technology.
- Study the ICT market in country, comparing prices and quality of equipment, software and internet providers/services, in order to optimize buying decisions and to ensure local assistance. Create and maintains a contact network of ITC providers in order to ensure communications and ITC local purchase quality.
- Identify and implement Information management practices to enhance the mission system’s effectiveness and reliability (development, checkup, deployment of applications, systems or new ITC standards, etc.).
- Plan and provide network security to ensure that appropriate access control is used internally on the LAN/WLAN’s, and to prevent intrusions.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive as it could be amended from time to time according to the needs of the mission.
- HND/Degree in Information & Communication Technology.
- Desirable Degree in Technical Engineering.
- Desirable experience in administration and recovery of backups (MS, C&A, Veritas, etc.).
- A least 2 years in IT related jobs.
- Essential, mission working language; essential working knowledge of English and good command of ICT English.
- Configuration and set up of networks: Desktops, Laptops and peripheries
- Google Suite
- Picture creation: ISO, MDF, CSO, etc.
- Other: Odoo, Remote Desktop Access.
- Administration of Operational Systems (Windows 7/10, Linux server)
- MS Office 2007/2010
- Microsoft Networks configuration and set up (network components –switch and routers-, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth)
- Protocols: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN
- Apps development languages: Java
- Stress Management
- The responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and other work can be required according to the needs of the mission.
- Mobility is requested from ALIMA staff, including short term assignments from their usual place of work.
- Part of any ALIMA-employee responsibilities is the attendance of trainings as per the requirements of the organisation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letter & CV with colour picture to: email@example.com Subject of the email should be “ICT Supervisor–Maiduguri” Or Hard copy in ALIMA’s Office in Maiduguri, Borno
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 14th July, 2019.